NEW: qrun

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW: qrun

Todd T. Fries-2
If you have ever been frustrated by qemu command line maddness and/or the
README.OpenBSD provided with qemu is not making your tea for you, I give
you... qrun.

This was inspired by Bob Beck who fell trap to the above and whined enough
in the proper tones that I was compelled by strange forces to come up with
what even I find useful, wrapper scripts to take the complexity out of
running qemu.

Please test, comment, give feedback, etc.

I have commented out the run dependency on qemu, you should choose the
version that is appropriate for your arch and compiler variant of the day.

Note this will drive any version of qemu you have installed.

Thanks,
--
Todd Fries .. [hidden email]

 _____________________________________________
|                                             \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                 \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com             \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| 2525 NW Expy #525, Oklahoma City, OK 73112  \  sip:[hidden email]
| "..in support of free software solutions."  \  sip:[hidden email]
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
                                                 
              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt


qrun-0.0.4.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: qrun

Matthias Kilian
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 08:07:39AM -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:

> If you have ever been frustrated by qemu command line maddness and/or the
> README.OpenBSD provided with qemu is not making your tea for you, I give
> you... qrun.
>
> This was inspired by Bob Beck who fell trap to the above and whined enough
> in the proper tones that I was compelled by strange forces to come up with
> what even I find useful, wrapper scripts to take the complexity out of
> running qemu.
>
> Please test, comment, give feedback, etc.

Nice ;-)

There's a missing WANTLIB = c, otherwise ok (only slightly tested,
though).

Ciao,
        Kili

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: qrun

Stuart Henderson
Matthias Kilian <kili <at> outback.escape.de> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 08:07:39AM -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:
> > If you have ever been frustrated by qemu command line maddness and/or the
> > README.OpenBSD provided with qemu is not making your tea for you, I give
> > you... qrun.
>
> There's a missing WANTLIB = c, otherwise ok (only slightly tested,
> though).

This could use "RUN_DEPENDS=qemu-*:emulators/qemu" (and sync with depends
changes). Todd, is the MASTER_SITE down temporarily or has it moved?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: qrun

Bryan Brake
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 02:46, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Matthias Kilian <kili <at> outback.escape.de> writes:
>> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 08:07:39AM -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:
>> > If you have ever been frustrated by qemu command line maddness and/or the
>> > README.OpenBSD provided with qemu is not making your tea for you, I give
>> > you... qrun.
>>
>> There's a missing WANTLIB = c, otherwise ok (only slightly tested,
>> though).
>
> This could use "RUN_DEPENDS=qemu-*:emulators/qemu" (and sync with depends
> changes). Todd, is the MASTER_SITE down temporarily or has it moved?
>
>

I'm getting a blank screen at http://code.freedaemon.com/ as well...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: qrun

Todd T. Fries-2
In reply to this post by Stuart Henderson
Penned by Stuart Henderson on 20110506  2:46.06, we have:
| Matthias Kilian <kili <at> outback.escape.de> writes:
| > On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 08:07:39AM -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:
| > > If you have ever been frustrated by qemu command line maddness and/or the
| > > README.OpenBSD provided with qemu is not making your tea for you, I give
| > > you... qrun.
| >
| > There's a missing WANTLIB = c, otherwise ok (only slightly tested,
| > though).
|
| This could use "RUN_DEPENDS=qemu-*:emulators/qemu" (and sync with depends
| changes). Todd, is the MASTER_SITE down temporarily or has it moved?

Will fixup and resubmit shortly when the master site is up.  It's been down ..
temporarily .. for a bit too long and this bumps up the priority on getting it
back on its feet.

Thanks,
--
Todd Fries .. [hidden email]

 _____________________________________________
|                                             \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                 \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com             \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| 2525 NW Expy #525, Oklahoma City, OK 73112  \  sip:[hidden email]
| "..in support of free software solutions."  \  sip:[hidden email]
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
                                                 
              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt