NEW: piglit - testing suite for OpenGL

Thomas Frohwein
Hi,

Attached is a port of piglit. Piglit is a freedesktop.org testing suite for
OpenGL calls. It may be of use in trying to troubleshoot regressions with mesa,
OpenGL, and the graphics stack in general.

I've done some tests with different configurations myself since I have one of
the x230 affected by the recent mesa17 issues. The results can be downloaded
from https://thfr.info/piglit/openbsd-mesa17/. Note that those were done with
piglit compiled from FreeBSD's separate github repository (https://github.com/
dumbbell/piglit/) while this port is from the mesa3d github repo. Runs, passes
sanity check.

License includes a 3Dlabs license that doesn't comment on selling, so I set

PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =  No comment on selling by 3Dlabs license
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =    Yes

A word of warning - the PLIST is huge - greater than 5M.

I'd prefer to not take maintainer on this one because the actually working
with the results is a little beyond my capabilities.

Original idea from Matthieu Herrb. Input included from sthen@, awolk@,
bcallah@. Advice received from medfly and joshe (on #metabug).

piglit.tgz (279K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: piglit - testing suite for OpenGL

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/01/12 14:40, Thomas Frohwein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a port of piglit. Piglit is a freedesktop.org testing suite for
> OpenGL calls. It may be of use in trying to troubleshoot regressions with mesa,
> OpenGL, and the graphics stack in general.
>
> I've done some tests with different configurations myself since I have one of
> the x230 affected by the recent mesa17 issues. The results can be downloaded
> from https://thfr.info/piglit/openbsd-mesa17/. Note that those were done with
> piglit compiled from FreeBSD's separate github repository (https://github.com/
> dumbbell/piglit/) while this port is from the mesa3d github repo. Runs, passes
> sanity check.
>
> License includes a 3Dlabs license that doesn't comment on selling, so I set
>
> PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =  No comment on selling by 3Dlabs license
> PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =    Yes
>
> A word of warning - the PLIST is huge - greater than 5M.
>
> I'd prefer to not take maintainer on this one because the actually working
> with the results is a little beyond my capabilities.
>
> Original idea from Matthieu Herrb. Input included from sthen@, awolk@,
> bcallah@. Advice received from medfly and joshe (on #metabug).

Minor nit, _MODPY_BUILD_DEPENDS is meant to be internal to python.port.mk
(typically variables starting _ are for internal use) and is added
to BUILD_DEPENDS automatically, no need to add it separately.

Other than that I think this is good to go, any OKs to import?

Re: NEW: piglit - testing suite for OpenGL

Landry Breuil-5

Looks okay to me too. Ugh the PLIST with 50k files..

On 2018/01/14 22:23, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 01:06:12PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2018/01/12 14:40, Thomas Frohwein wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Attached is a port of piglit. Piglit is a freedesktop.org testing suite for
> > > OpenGL calls. It may be of use in trying to troubleshoot regressions with mesa,
> > > OpenGL, and the graphics stack in general.
> > >
> > > I've done some tests with different configurations myself since I have one of
> > > the x230 affected by the recent mesa17 issues. The results can be downloaded
> > > from https://thfr.info/piglit/openbsd-mesa17/. Note that those were done with
> > > piglit compiled from FreeBSD's separate github repository (https://github.com/
> > > dumbbell/piglit/) while this port is from the mesa3d github repo. Runs, passes
> > > sanity check.
> > >
> > > License includes a 3Dlabs license that doesn't comment on selling, so I set
> > >
> > > PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =  No comment on selling by 3Dlabs license
> > > PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =    Yes
> > >
> > > A word of warning - the PLIST is huge - greater than 5M.
> > >
> > > I'd prefer to not take maintainer on this one because the actually working
> > > with the results is a little beyond my capabilities.
> > >
> > > Original idea from Matthieu Herrb. Input included from sthen@, awolk@,
> > > bcallah@. Advice received from medfly and joshe (on #metabug).
> >
> > Minor nit, _MODPY_BUILD_DEPENDS is meant to be internal to python.port.mk
> > (typically variables starting _ are for internal use) and is added
> > to BUILD_DEPENDS automatically, no need to add it separately.
> >
> > Other than that I think this is good to go, any OKs to import?
>
> Looks okay to me too. Ugh the PLIST with 50k files..

Thanks.

The PLIST is only likely to be a problem because of the bug introduced in the
flow control change in gnu/usr.bin/cvs/src/server.c r1.37, I'll commit it
directly and avoid ssh to hopefully avoid that.