NEW: net/yggdrasil-go

octeep
Hello,

I've made a port for yggdrasil-go 0.3.15.

Yggdrasil is an early-stage implementation
of a fully end-to-end encrypted IPv6 network.
It is lightweight, self-arranging, supported on
multiple platforms and allows pretty much
any IPv6-capable application to communicate
securely with other Yggdrasil nodes.
Yggdrasil does not require you to have IPv6
Internet connectivity - it also works over IPv4.

Is it ok?

Thanks,
octeep

yggdrasil-go.tar.gz (7K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/yggdrasil-go

octeep
Hello again,

It would appear that I have forgetten to add the HOMEPAGE for the port. Here's the updated
version with the proper metadata.

Thanks,
octeep

On January 18, 2021 10:25:42 AM GMT+08:00, Wind R <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've made a port for yggdrasil-go 0.3.15.
>
>Yggdrasil is an early-stage implementation
>of a fully end-to-end encrypted IPv6 network.
>It is lightweight, self-arranging, supported on
>multiple platforms and allows pretty much
>any IPv6-capable application to communicate
>securely with other Yggdrasil nodes.
>Yggdrasil does not require you to have IPv6
>Internet connectivity - it also works over IPv4.
>
>Is it ok?
>
>Thanks,
>octeep

yggdrasil-go.tar.gz (7K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/yggdrasil-go

Aaron Bieber-2

Wind R writes:

> Hello again,
>
> It would appear that I have forgetten to add the HOMEPAGE for the port. Here's the updated
> version with the proper metadata.
>
> Thanks,
> octeep
>
> On January 18, 2021 10:25:42 AM GMT+08:00, Wind R <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I've made a port for yggdrasil-go 0.3.15.
>>
>>Yggdrasil is an early-stage implementation
>>of a fully end-to-end encrypted IPv6 network.
>>It is lightweight, self-arranging, supported on
>>multiple platforms and allows pretty much
>>any IPv6-capable application to communicate
>>securely with other Yggdrasil nodes.
>>Yggdrasil does not require you to have IPv6
>>Internet connectivity - it also works over IPv4.
>>
>>Is it ok?

Needs 'WANTLIB += c pthread' and i'd remove 'An' from COMMENT. Other
then that looks good!

OK abieber@ if someone wants to import!

>>Thanks,
>>octeep

Re: NEW: net/yggdrasil-go

octeep

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 1:02 AM, Aaron Bieber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wind R writes:
>
> > Hello again,
> > It would appear that I have forgetten to add the HOMEPAGE for the port. Here's the updated
> > version with the proper metadata.
> > Thanks,
> > octeep
> > On January 18, 2021 10:25:42 AM GMT+08:00, Wind R [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > I've made a port for yggdrasil-go 0.3.15.
> > > Yggdrasil is an early-stage implementation
> > > of a fully end-to-end encrypted IPv6 network.
> > > It is lightweight, self-arranging, supported on
> > > multiple platforms and allows pretty much
> > > any IPv6-capable application to communicate
> > > securely with other Yggdrasil nodes.
> > > Yggdrasil does not require you to have IPv6
> > > Internet connectivity - it also works over IPv4.
> > > Is it ok?
>
> Needs 'WANTLIB += c pthread' and i'd remove 'An' from COMMENT. Other
> then that looks good!
>
> OK abieber@ if someone wants to import!
Thanks for helping me out, I've made the changes that you suggested.
You can find the updated port in the attachment.

Thanks,
octeep

On 2021/01/19 10:02, Aaron Bieber wrote:

> Wind R writes:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > It would appear that I have forgetten to add the HOMEPAGE for the port. Here's the updated
> > version with the proper metadata.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > octeep
> >
> > On January 18, 2021 10:25:42 AM GMT+08:00, Wind R <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I've made a port for yggdrasil-go 0.3.15.
> >>
> >>Yggdrasil is an early-stage implementation
> >>of a fully end-to-end encrypted IPv6 network.
> >>It is lightweight, self-arranging, supported on
> >>multiple platforms and allows pretty much
> >>any IPv6-capable application to communicate
> >>securely with other Yggdrasil nodes.
> >>Yggdrasil does not require you to have IPv6
> >>Internet connectivity - it also works over IPv4.
> >>
> >>Is it ok?
>
> Needs 'WANTLIB += c pthread' and i'd remove 'An' from COMMENT. Other
> then that looks good!
>
> OK abieber@ if someone wants to import!
>

> >>Thanks,
> >>octeep

Tweaked version attached:

- WRKDIST=${WRKSRC} is not really correct. seems it's done here to
workaround go.port.mk's inabillity to patch things, for that it
seems better to replace the /dev/tun0 -> tun0 patch with sed -i
instead. replace hardcoded /etc with ${SYSCONFDIR} while there.

- lowercase start of COMMENT

- fix whitespace nits

- run -genconf, there's no need for the user to have to read a pkg-readme
and do this themselves when ports can take care of it and use the standard
@sample mechanism. drop the README file because then there's no need for
a readme that just tells people how to use rcctl (a standard system tool).

- genkeys is really a bit too generic of a name for /usr/local/bin,
rename it to yggdrasil-genkeys.

- install the whitepaper

- add a warning to DESCR from the whitepaper to set user expectations

This version is ok with me to import though I will express my
disappointment that they have hijacked 200::/7 IETF-reserved address
space (claiming that it is ULA which it is not).

yggdrasil-go.tgz (7K) Download Attachment