NEW: net/texnut && REMOVE: net/texapp

Brian Callahan-3
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, net/texnut, a command-line client for the
pnut.io social networking service. It is mostly identical to net/texapp.

Additionally, net/texapp should be removed. The service texapp targeted
has shut down, rendering this port now useless. However, texnut should
not be viewed as an upgrade to texapp, as there's no reason to assume
users of one service migrated to the other.

~Brian

texnut.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/texnut && REMOVE: net/texapp

Brian Callahan-3
Hi ports --

On 5/16/2017 2:51 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Attached is a new port, net/texnut, a command-line client for the
> pnut.io social networking service. It is mostly identical to net/texapp.
>
> Additionally, net/texapp should be removed. The service texapp targeted
> has shut down, rendering this port now useless. However, texnut should
> not be viewed as an upgrade to texapp, as there's no reason to assume
> users of one service migrated to the other.
>
> ~Brian
Pinging this. Reattaching the new port (net/texnut) and including a diff
to register the removal of net/texapp.

~Brian

texapp-removal.diff (5K) Download Attachment
texnut.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> On 5/16/2017 2:51 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi ports --
>>
>> Attached is a new port, net/texnut, a command-line client for the
>> pnut.io social networking service. It is mostly identical to net/texapp.
>>
>> Additionally, net/texapp should be removed. The service texapp targeted
>> has shut down, rendering this port now useless. However, texnut should
>> not be viewed as an upgrade to texapp, as there's no reason to assume
>> users of one service migrated to the other.
>>
>> ~Brian
> Pinging this. Reattaching the new port (net/texnut) and including a diff
> to register the removal of net/texapp.
>
> ~Brian

Ping again.  Reattaching the new port, mindful of remember to register
ports removals.

OK?

~Brian

On 6/15/2017 8:34 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi ports --
>>
>> On 5/16/2017 2:51 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>> Hi ports --
>>>
>>> Attached is a new port, net/texnut, a command-line client for the
>>> pnut.io social networking service. It is mostly identical to net/texapp.
>>>
>>> Additionally, net/texapp should be removed. The service texapp targeted
>>> has shut down, rendering this port now useless. However, texnut should
>>> not be viewed as an upgrade to texapp, as there's no reason to assume
>>> users of one service migrated to the other.
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>> Pinging this. Reattaching the new port (net/texnut) and including a diff
>> to register the removal of net/texapp.
>>
>> ~Brian
>>
> Ping again.  Reattaching the new port, mindful of remember to register
> ports removals.
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Will give away free accounts to get people to test texnut :)
In any event, we don't want useless ports (i.e. texapp) in the tree.

Re: NEW: net/texnut && REMOVE: net/texapp

Frederic Cambus
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 03:08:19PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:

> [...]

[...]

OK fcambus@ to remove net/texapp.