NEW: net/srain

Brian Callahan-5
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, net/srain. Srain is a modern IRC client written
in GTK.

---
pkg/DESCR:
Srain is a modern IRC client written in GTK.

Features:
* RFC {1459,2812} compatible
* Partial IRCv3 support
* Multi-platform support
* Interactive channel search
* URL previews
* Desktop notifications
* Regex-based message rendering and filtering
---

Works well on amd64. Some big endian testing might be nice.

OK?

~Brian

srain.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/srain

Stuart Henderson
On 2020/02/15 21:01, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Attached is a new port, net/srain. Srain is a modern IRC client written in
> GTK.
>
> ---
> pkg/DESCR:
> Srain is a modern IRC client written in GTK.
>
> Features:
> * RFC {1459,2812} compatible
> * Partial IRCv3 support
> * Multi-platform support
> * Interactive channel search
> * URL previews
> * Desktop notifications
> * Regex-based message rendering and filtering
> ---
>
> Works well on amd64. Some big endian testing might be nice.
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Maybe set COMPILER_LANGS=c to avoid pulling in C++ libraries on
!base-clang archs?

Re: NEW: net/srain

Charlene Wendling
Hi,

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:08:05 +0000
Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2020/02/15 21:01, Brian Callahan wrote:
> > Hi ports --
> >
> > Attached is a new port, net/srain. Srain is a modern IRC client
> > written in GTK.
> >
> > ---
> > pkg/DESCR:
> > Srain is a modern IRC client written in GTK.
> >
> > Features:
> > * RFC {1459,2812} compatible
> > * Partial IRCv3 support
> > * Multi-platform support
> > * Interactive channel search
> > * URL previews
> > * Desktop notifications
> > * Regex-based message rendering and filtering
> > ---
> >
> > Works well on amd64. Some big endian testing might be nice.
>
> > OK?
> >
> > ~Brian
> >

> Maybe set COMPILER_LANGS=c to avoid pulling in C++ libraries on
> !base-clang archs?

I can't test stuff on macppc for a few days. gcc-libs may be needed
for atomics on macppc and COMPILER_LANGS=c does not bring it. I agree
though.

Also, it requires x11/gnome/keyring as a RUN_DEPENDS, otherwise you
can't connect [0].

Charlène.

[0] http://0x0.st/iH-e.png

Re: NEW: net/srain

Brian Callahan-5

On 2020-02-16 9:07 AM, Charlene Wendling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 13:08:05 +0000
> Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
>> On 2020/02/15 21:01, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>> Hi ports --
>>>
>>> Attached is a new port, net/srain. Srain is a modern IRC client
>>> written in GTK.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> pkg/DESCR:
>>> Srain is a modern IRC client written in GTK.
>>>
>>> Features:
>>> * RFC {1459,2812} compatible
>>> * Partial IRCv3 support
>>> * Multi-platform support
>>> * Interactive channel search
>>> * URL previews
>>> * Desktop notifications
>>> * Regex-based message rendering and filtering
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Works well on amd64. Some big endian testing might be nice.
>>> OK?
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>>>

>> Maybe set COMPILER_LANGS=c to avoid pulling in C++ libraries on
>> !base-clang archs?
> I can't test stuff on macppc for a few days. gcc-libs may be needed
> for atomics on macppc and COMPILER_LANGS=c does not bring it. I agree
> though.
>
> Also, it requires x11/gnome/keyring as a RUN_DEPENDS, otherwise you
> can't connect [0].
>
> Charlène.
>

> [0] http://0x0.st/iH-e.png

I think we can do both of these things.