[NEW] net/sbws

George Rosamond
Attached is a tarball for net/sbws, Tor's simple bandwidth scanner.

While the function of a bandwidth scanner is limited to trusted hosts on
the Tor network, it can also be used as a research or testing tool on a
closed network.

Tests are disabled for now, but they rely on shells/bash (but upstream
will be changing to posix shell).

There is a conflict with www/buku, but assume it can be ignored:

sbws-1.0.2 conflicts with buku-3.8
(www/buku):/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__init__.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.pyc

sbws-1.0.2.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] net/sbws

Ingo Feinerer-2
> There is a conflict with www/buku, but assume it can be ignored:
>
> sbws-1.0.2 conflicts with buku-3.8
> (www/buku):/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__init__.py
> /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.pyc

I have an update ready for buku 4.0 which no longer includes this file
in PLIST. However, the update needs a newer devel/py-html5lib (the
maintainer is informed) which might take some time.

Best regards,
Ingo

Re: [NEW] net/sbws

George Rosamond
ping

George Rosamond:

> Attached is a tarball for net/sbws, Tor's simple bandwidth scanner.
>
> While the function of a bandwidth scanner is limited to trusted hosts on
> the Tor network, it can also be used as a research or testing tool on a
> closed network.
>
> Tests are disabled for now, but they rely on shells/bash (but upstream
> will be changing to posix shell).
>
> There is a conflict with www/buku, but assume it can be ignored:
>
> sbws-1.0.2 conflicts with buku-3.8
> (www/buku):/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__init__.py
> /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tests/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-36.pyc

Re: [NEW] net/sbws

George Rosamond
actually, I need to do more tinkering with it.  I'll resubmit in the future.

Sorry for the noise.

George Rosamond: