NEW: net/ripe-rpki-validator

Stuart Henderson
OK to import this?

(DESCR is rather wide, there's no good way around it.. at least it copies
correctly in most terminals if it's not split!)

$ pkg_info ripe-rpki-validator
Information for inst:ripe-rpki-validator-2.25

Comment:
RIPE NCC RPKI Validator

The RIPE NCC rpki-validator application allows operators to download and
validate the global Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) data set
for use in their BGP decision making process and router configuration.

To learn more about RPKI and BGP Origin Validation, please visit:

https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/certification

Use of this tool to fetch objects from RIPE's repository is subject to
terms and conditions, see:

https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/certification/legal/ripe-ncc-certification-repository-terms-and-conditions

Maintainer: Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>

WWW: https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/resource-management/certification/tools-and-resources

ripe-rpki-validator.tgz (4K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/ripe-rpki-validator

Job Snijders-2
V2 is sort of end of life, I’d only invest time in its actively maintained
successor v3:
https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3

Kind regards,

Job

On 2018/10/03 11:16, Job Snijders wrote:
> V2 is sort of end of life, I’d only invest time in its actively maintained
> successor v3:
> https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3

Is there a proper tarball somewhere? Maven brings the "joys" of
rust/npm/go style dependency handling to java and I have too many stabby
things within arms reach at the moment to contemplate that :)

On 2018/10/03 20:21, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2018/10/03 11:16, Job Snijders wrote:
> > V2 is sort of end of life, I’d only invest time in its actively maintained
> > successor v3:
> > https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator-3
>
> Is there a proper tarball somewhere? Maven brings the "joys" of
> rust/npm/go style dependency handling to java and I have too many stabby
> things within arms reach at the moment to contemplate that :)

Oh nevermind, just found https://ftp.ripe.net/tools/rpki/validator3/prod/generic/

take 2 - NEW: net/ripe-rpki-validator

Stuart Henderson
So here's a second attempt, this time with 3.0-324. Works for me with
AfriNIC, APNIC, LACNIC and RIPE. I tried squinting at the tshirt photo
for ARIN's trust anchor but couldn't quite make it out.

ripe-rpki-validator,3.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: take 2 - NEW: net/ripe-rpki-validator

Theo de Raadt-2

what?? the ports tree doesn't have a scanning program for that?

Re: take 2 - NEW: net/ripe-rpki-validator

Job Snijders-2
Looks good to me!