NEW: net/p5-Net-NBName

Igor Zinovik-3
  Hello, ports@ readers.

Man pages looks fine with -current mandoc (synced one minute ago) so i
do not use USE_GROFF clause.  Package provides several scripts that do
not have #!/usr/bin/perl as their first line, user have to understand
that they should be invoked like `perl /usr/local/bin/namequery.pl'.  So
i'm in doubt should i patch them or not...

pkg/DESCR
Net::NBName is a class that allows you to perform simple NetBIOS Name
Service Requests in your Perl code. It performs these NetBIOS operations
over TCP/IP using Perl's built-in socket support.

Currently two NBNS requests are implemented: the node status request and
the name query request.

p5-Net-NBName.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/p5-Net-NBName

Giovanni Bechis-4
On 01/05/11 14:47, Igor Zinovik wrote:
>   Hello, ports@ readers.
>
> Man pages looks fine with -current mandoc (synced one minute ago) so i
> do not use USE_GROFF clause.  Package provides several scripts that do
> not have #!/usr/bin/perl as their first line, user have to understand
> that they should be invoked like `perl /usr/local/bin/namequery.pl'.  So
> i'm in doubt should i patch them or not...

What about this one ?
 Cheers
  Giovanni

On Jan 05, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > Man pages looks fine with -current mandoc (synced one minute ago) so i
> > do not use USE_GROFF clause.  Package provides several scripts that do
> > not have #!/usr/bin/perl as their first line, user have to understand
> > that they should be invoked like `perl /usr/local/bin/namequery.pl'.  So
> > i'm in doubt should i patch them or not...
> >
> What about this one ?

Excellent work Giovanni, i've been sloppy while was reading Net-NBName
code and did not found that it depend on p5-Net-Netmask.  Perl scripts
works fine after your update.  Again all manpages looks good to me with
-current mandoc(1).

Re: NEW: net/p5-Net-NBName

Igor Zinovik-3
On Jan 05, Igor Zinovik wrote:
> Excellent work Giovanni, i've been sloppy while was reading Net-NBName
> code and did not found that it depend on p5-Net-Netmask.  Perl scripts
> works fine after your update.  Again all manpages looks good to me with
> -current mandoc(1).

I have to stop playing asshole and dumbfuck and start to relearn things
from scratch...

All man pages looks fine, but mandoc(1) reports error when checking
manuals:
# pkg_info -L p5-Net-NBName-0.26|grep man3|xargs mandoc -Tlint -Werror
/usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName.3p:123:1: ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm
/usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName::NameQuery.3p:123:1: ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm
/usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName::NameQuery::RR.3p:123:1: ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm
/usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName::NodeStatus.3p:123:1: ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm
/usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName::NodeStatus::RR.3p:123:1: ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm

Put `USE_GROFF = Yes' back into Makefile.

p5-Net-NBName.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/p5-Net-NBName

Ingo Schwarze
Hi Igor,

Igor Zinovik wrote on Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 01:24:31PM +0300:
> On Jan 05, Igor Zinovik wrote:

>> Again all manpages look good to me with -current mandoc(1).

That is to be expected with pod2man(1)-generated Perl manuals.
In case any pod2man(1)-generated Perl manuals had any serious
issues, i'd be quite interested to learn about them.

So, Perl ports are one of the most typical cases where it is
expected that you can almost always remove USE_GROFF - of course,
please still check before doing so.  Probably, i should add a note
to the FAQ to that effect.

> I have to stop playing asshole and dumbfuck and start to relearn
> things from scratch...

Don't worry, all this is rather new, it's a moving target, and
everybody is learning how to do this, including myself.

> All man pages looks fine, but mandoc(1) reports error when checking
> manuals:
> # pkg_info -L p5-Net-NBName-0.26|grep man3|xargs mandoc -Tlint -Werror
> /usr/local/man/man3p/Net::NBName.3p:123:1:
> ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED: skipping request: rm

Yes, *all* Perl manuals have that issue, even in base, and always in
line 123 of the manual.  That's in the preamble generated by pod2man.
This particular warning is due to a known defect of mandoc:
It doesn't implement the "remove macro" (.rm) roff(7) request yet.
Actually, that's pretty high on my list of things to fix,
because it is confusing the hell out of completely inncocent
people...  ;-/

> Put `USE_GROFF = Yes' back into Makefile.

If that's the only issue, you can ignore that particular error
(skipping request: rm in line 123 of Perl manuals) and remove
USE_GROFF.

Yours,
  Ingo