[NEW] net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader + RUN_DEPENDS

[NEW] net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader + RUN_DEPENDS

Frederic Cambus
Hi ports@,

Here is a new port: net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader.

Also attaching devel/p5-MaxMind-DB-Common, which is a required RUN_DEPENDS.

Both are dependencies for the upcoming p5-GeoIP2 port.

From DESCR:

This module provides a low-level interface to the MaxMind DB file format.

Comments? OK?

p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment
p5-MaxMind-DB-Common.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader + RUN_DEPENDS

Giovanni Bechis-7
On 2/18/19 5:01 PM, Frederic Cambus wrote:

> Hi ports@,
>
> Here is a new port: net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader.
>
> Also attaching devel/p5-MaxMind-DB-Common, which is a required RUN_DEPENDS.
>
> Both are dependencies for the upcoming p5-GeoIP2 port.
>
> From DESCR:
>
> This module provides a low-level interface to the MaxMind DB file format.
>
> Comments? OK?

I have those ports as well,
the only difference is that they are living under databases/ category.
ok giovanni@ anyway.

Do you have a port of MaxMind-DB-Reader-XS as well ? MaxMind-DB-Reader is too slow for my use case.
I have the initial bits sitting on my tree but I never finished it.

 Cheers
  Giovanni

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 08:33:57AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:

> > Here is a new port: net/p5-MaxMind-DB-Reader.
> >
> > Also attaching devel/p5-MaxMind-DB-Common, which is a required RUN_DEPENDS.
> >
> > Both are dependencies for the upcoming p5-GeoIP2 port.
> >
> > From DESCR:
> >
> > This module provides a low-level interface to the MaxMind DB file format.
> >
> > Comments? OK?
> >
> I have those ports as well,
> the only difference is that they are living under databases/ category.
> ok giovanni@ anyway.

We have net/GeoIP and net/libmaxminddb already in net, so I went with net
for consistency.

> Do you have a port of MaxMind-DB-Reader-XS as well ? MaxMind-DB-Reader is too slow for my use case.
> I have the initial bits sitting on my tree but I never finished it.

Yes, I have a fully functional port on WIP, it needs a version bump and
I will post it on ports@ for review, possibly today. Same for p5-GeoIP2.