NEW: net/mosquitto

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW: net/mosquitto

Edd Barrett
Hey,

"""
Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements
the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol versions 3.1 and 3.1.1.  MQTT provides a
lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe
model.
"""

Tested amd64 using CLI tools, and also with a nodemcu board
(http://nodemcu.com/index_en.html) as a client.

Does anyone with mad cmake skills know how to get rid of the pre-configure
kludge?

Input or OK?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

mosquitto.tgz (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: net/mosquitto

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2015/05/18 01:12, Edd Barrett wrote:

> Hey,
>
> """
> Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements
> the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol versions 3.1 and 3.1.1.  MQTT provides a
> lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe
> model.
> """
>
> Tested amd64 using CLI tools, and also with a nodemcu board
> (http://nodemcu.com/index_en.html) as a client.
>
> Does anyone with mad cmake skills know how to get rid of the pre-configure
> kludge?

I wouldn't worry about that too much...file needs patching anyway so
another chunk doesn't hurt :)

| # undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_psk_client_callback'
| CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       -DWITH_TLS_PSK=no

Pre-shared key support was intentionally removed from libressl.

| MODULES =               devel/cmake
| USE_GMAKE =             Yes

really gmake? that is rather unusual for cmake ports.

| MANDIRS =               1 3 5 7 8
..
| .for i in ${MANDIRS}
|         mv ${PREFIX}/share/man/man${i}/*.${i} ${PREFIX}/man/man${i}/
|         rmdir ${PREFIX}/share/man/man${i}
| .endfor
|         rmdir ${PREFIX}/share/man

probably cleaner to patch the cmake files and install in the right place
in the first place

|         mkdir ${WRKINST}/${SYSCONFDIR}/mosquitto

this isn't needed

| daemon="/usr/local/sbin/mosquitto"
| daemon_flags="-d -c /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf"

${PREFIX}, ${SYSCONFDIR}. if "-d" is "daemonize" please move that
from daemon_flags to daemon so that people changing mosquitto_flags in
rc.conf.local don't have a risk of missing it out.

| mv ${PREFIX}/etc ${PREFIX}/share/examples/mosquitto
..
| share/examples/mosquitto/mosquitto/aclfile.example
| share/examples/mosquitto/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf

how about "mv ${PREFIX}/etc/mosquitto ${PREFIX}/share/examples/mosquitto"
and then PLIST will just be share/examples/mosquitto/aclfile.example, etc?

Also wants an @extra for the pid file, and go ahead and reserve a space
in infrastructure/db/user.list.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: net/mosquitto

Edd Barrett
Hey,

Thanks everyone for the input.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 09:24:32AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > Does anyone with mad cmake skills know how to get rid of the pre-configure
> > kludge?
>
> I wouldn't worry about that too much...file needs patching anyway so
> another chunk doesn't hurt :)

Dcoppa invoked mad cmake skills, and this is now fixed :)

> | # undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_psk_client_callback'
> | CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       -DWITH_TLS_PSK=no
>
> Pre-shared key support was intentionally removed from libressl.

Fixed.

> | MODULES =               devel/cmake
> | USE_GMAKE =             Yes
>
> really gmake? that is rather unusual for cmake ports.

Indeed. Fixed.

> | MANDIRS =               1 3 5 7 8
> ..
> | .for i in ${MANDIRS}
> |         mv ${PREFIX}/share/man/man${i}/*.${i} ${PREFIX}/man/man${i}/
> |         rmdir ${PREFIX}/share/man/man${i}
> | .endfor
> |         rmdir ${PREFIX}/share/man
>
> probably cleaner to patch the cmake files and install in the right place
> in the first place
Fixed.

>
> |         mkdir ${WRKINST}/${SYSCONFDIR}/mosquitto
>
> this isn't needed

Fixed.

> | daemon="/usr/local/sbin/mosquitto"
> | daemon_flags="-d -c /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf"
>
> ${PREFIX}, ${SYSCONFDIR}. if "-d" is "daemonize" please move that
> from daemon_flags to daemon so that people changing mosquitto_flags in
> rc.conf.local don't have a risk of missing it out.

It is indeed 'daemonize'. Fixed.

> how about "mv ${PREFIX}/etc/mosquitto ${PREFIX}/share/examples/mosquitto"
> and then PLIST will just be share/examples/mosquitto/aclfile.example, etc?

Fixed.

>
> Also wants an @extra for the pid file, and go ahead and reserve a space
> in infrastructure/db/user.list.

And finally, fixed!

New tarball attached (also in openbsd-wip). OK?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

mosquitto3.tgz (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: net/mosquitto

David Coppa
On Mon, 18 May 2015, Edd Barrett wrote:

> New tarball attached (also in openbsd-wip). OK?

The attached revision (containing further enhancements) is ok with
me to import.

Ciao!
David

mosquitto_r4.tgz (4K) Download Attachment