NEW: net/inspircd

Anders Jensen-Waud
Hi all,

I have ported InspIRCd - a “lightweight modular” IRC server written in C++ to OpenBSD. So far I have tested the port on amd64. Please see attached tarball.

(See http://www.inspircd.org/)

This requires a new user, inspircd, to be created. I have added it to the file: /usr/ports/infrastructure/db/user.list

Anyone keen to help out with testing on i386 and other architectures?

--
Anders Jensen-Waud

inspircd.tar.gz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/inspircd

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2014/06/10 14:34, Anders Jensen-Waud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have ported InspIRCd - a “lightweight modular” IRC server written in C++ to OpenBSD. So far I have tested the port on amd64. Please see attached tarball.
>
> (See http://www.inspircd.org/)
>
> This requires a new user, inspircd, to be created. I have added it to the file: /usr/ports/infrastructure/db/user.list
>
> Anyone keen to help out with testing on i386 and other architectures?
>
> --
> Anders Jensen-Waud

Haven't tried building, but a few quick comments from reading:

relies on pluggable modules -> should be SHARED_ONLY, and merge
PFRAG.shared into PLIST in place of the %%shared%% tag

--uid=inspircd -> should have an underscore prefix (also check
that the port does actually build without the uid being present,
the user isn't created until pkg_add time)

needs @newuser in PLIST

CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu -> incorrect, that is only for autoconf

patch-configure -> unneeded, set MAKE_FILE

bad DISTNAME, use DISTFILES to rename, see various other github ports

cleanup whitespace (space-tab on COMMENT/DISTNAME/CONFIGURE_ARGS)

license marker should be explicit that it's "GPLv2 only"

DESCR is a bit long, mentions features which are't in the package, and has
a spelling mistake

Re: NEW: net/inspircd

Anders Jensen-Waud
On 10 Jun 2014, at 7:11 pm, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2014/06/10 14:34, Anders Jensen-Waud wrote:
>>
>> I have ported InspIRCd - a “lightweight modular” IRC server written in C++ to OpenBSD. So far I have tested the port on amd64. Please see attached tarball.
>>

> relies on pluggable modules -> should be SHARED_ONLY, and merge
> PFRAG.shared into PLIST in place of the %%shared%% tag

Done.

> --uid=inspircd -> should have an underscore prefix (also check
> that the port does actually build without the uid being present,
> the user isn't created until pkg_add time)

Done.  However, when running make install I now receive error that the
user _inspircd does not exist.  Shouldn't the ports infrastructure create
it automatically as designated by the PLIST file?  I have the following
in my PLIST:

@newgroup penvpn:731
@newuser _inspircd:731:_inspircd:daemon:InspIRCd:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin

The port is now unable to build.

> needs @newuser in PLIST

Done (see above).

> CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu -> incorrect, that is only for autoconf

My bad, I didn't realise that.  I change it to simple, and the configure
process seems to run.

> patch-configure -> unneeded, set MAKE_FILE

Yep, thank you.

> bad DISTNAME, use DISTFILES to rename, see various other github ports

Done.

> cleanup whitespace (space-tab on COMMENT/DISTNAME/CONFIGURE_ARGS)

Done.

> license marker should be explicit that it's "GPLv2 only"

Done.

> DESCR is a bit long, mentions features which are't in the package, and has
> a spelling mistake

Done.  New version attached, but it currently fails to build because of
the missing user.  Would appreciate some comments as to how I can fix
it.

--
Anders Jensen-Waud

inspircd-v2.tar.gz (3K) Download Attachment