NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
I'm in no way proficient in creating ports, so that probably still
needs some work. Feel free to grab what I have and run with it,
creating your own port and getting all the fame and blame ;)

That's for disclaimers, now some info:
cat pkg/DESCR
ejabberd is a free and open source instant messaging server written in
Erlang. ejabberd is cross-platform, distributed, fault-tolerant, and
based on open standards to achieve real-time communication
(Jabber/XMPP).

I was able to make it run using command:
sudo -u ejabberd erl -pa /usr/local/lib/ejabberd/ebin \
-sname ejabberd -s ejabberd \
-ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" \
log_path \"/var/ejabberd/ejabberd.log\" \
-sasl sasl_error_logger \{file,\"/var/ejabberd/sasl.log\"\} \
-mnesia dir \"/var/ejabberd/spool\" -setcookie \"/var/ejabberd\"

I connected to it with a client, registered account, administrative
interface seems to work.

For now I made it use the same UID and GID as reserved for jabberd in
ports (533), maybe someone would argue it would need a set of its own.

viq

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
And now with port actually attached for a change ;)
--
viq

ejabberd.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
And here's a diff to get a simple config file I used, if someone wants
to try that. Change viq to your user, and your.jabber.server to the
hostname you will be connecting to.

--
viq

ejabconf.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
A small update so we don't end up with stuff in
${PREFIX}/share/examples/ejabberd/examples/

--
viq

ejabberd.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

Simon Kuhnle
I could built and install it without problems on i386.

I ran it with your command line and the config (of course after
changing host and admin name). I was able to create/delete a user with
my favorite Jabber client (gajim) and get into the admin interface
(on http://hostname:5280/admin with adminusername@hostname//password).

simon

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
Here's a cleaned-up version with thanks to martynas@

I am right now trying to see how to make the ejabberdctl work,
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/ejabberd_ctl-windows works. And for those
wanting to verify that this indeed works, you can talk to me at
[hidden email] or contact me for an account there for the
testing phase ;)
viq

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
On 15/06/07, viq <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Here's a cleaned-up version with thanks to martynas@

I mean _here_.

--
viq

ejabberd.tgz (3K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: net/ejabberd

viq .
Lars Hansson <lars at unet dot net dot ph> sent me his version of the
port, from which I have taken many great ideas, thanks!
So now:
- new user and group, _ejabberd, for now with uid/gid 590
- scripts ejabberd and ejabberdctl which do what is expected of them,
with default settings
- paths in scripts are generated in fake stage, allowing for own
PREFIX, and setting up different settings, controlled in port's
Makefile
- logs are stored in /vad/log/ejabberd/, user data and the like in
/var/db/ejabberd/
- communicating with google servers works
- only html and png files from documentation are installed
- MODULES= converters/libiconv instead of that being in LIB_DEPENDS
- odbc is enabled, but I am not sure whether this will work, as our
erlang port has odbc disabled - and I don't know whether that matters

It's running fine on my home i386 box, also with the updated erlang,
ssl connections work, offline storage, s2s, couldn't think of much
more to test... But I am (very lightly) using it.

Any interest, comments, improvements?

--
viq

ejabberd-port.tar.gz (4K) Download Attachment