NEW: mb2md

Todd C. Miller-3
mb2md is a utility to convert mbox mailboxes to Maildir format.
Since there has been talk of changing the default mailbox format
for smtpd, it would be nice to have a conversion program in ports.

I've included patches from debian and created a basic man page from
the documentation in the script itself.  I'm not really interested
in taking the time to make the man page beautiful.  If someone else
is so inclined, more power to them...

 - todd

mb2md.tgz (8K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: mb2md

Steffen Nurpmeso-2
Todd C. Miller wrote in <[hidden email]>:
 |mb2md is a utility to convert mbox mailboxes to Maildir format.
 |Since there has been talk of changing the default mailbox format
 |for smtpd, it would be nice to have a conversion program in ports.
 |
 |I've included patches from debian and created a basic man page from
 |the documentation in the script itself.  I'm not really interested
 |in taking the time to make the man page beautiful.  If someone else
 |is so inclined, more power to them...

Btw., you could also use s-nail, which is already in ports:

  s-nail -Rf#:/ \
    -Y 'copy * maildir:///tmp/f.mdir;xit' \
    mbox:///tmp/f.mbox

The mbox:// in the latter is optional, the maildir:// not really.
(Depends.)

--steffen