NEW: math/py-triangle (part of Ultimaker Cura + dependencies by Evandro Rathke)

NEW: math/py-triangle (part of Ultimaker Cura + dependencies by Evandro Rathke)

Paco Esteban-2
Hi ports@,

This is part of the big effort Evandro Rathke is taking to port
Ultimaker Cura and its dependencies.

Original port by him with some tweaks by me.

mat/py-triangle
    Python binding to the triangle library

The port does not include tests on the pypi tarball.  I tested manually
the examples on the website and everything seems ok on amd64

ok to import ?

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

py-triangle.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: math/py-triangle (part of Ultimaker Cura + dependencies by Evandro Rathke)

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 08:23:04PM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:
> Hi ports@,

> This is part of the big effort Evandro Rathke is taking to port
> Ultimaker Cura and its dependencies.

> Original port by him with some tweaks by me.

> mat/py-triangle
>     Python binding to the triangle library

> The port does not include tests on the pypi tarball.  I tested manually
> the examples on the website and everything seems ok on amd64

> ok to import ?

Well, unfortunately, the PERMIT_PACKAGE field is wrong. I know the project
claims on Github that it is licensed as LGPLv3, but the bundled copy of
the triangle library is very much *not* licensed LGPLv3. It's a non-commercial
license.

You should probably also note that the tests aren't included in the tarball.

--Kurt

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 08:23:04PM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:
> > Hi ports@,
>
> > This is part of the big effort Evandro Rathke is taking to port
> > Ultimaker Cura and its dependencies.
>
> > Original port by him with some tweaks by me.
>
> > mat/py-triangle
> >     Python binding to the triangle library
>
> > The port does not include tests on the pypi tarball.  I tested manually
> > the examples on the website and everything seems ok on amd64
>
> > ok to import ?
>
> Well, unfortunately, the PERMIT_PACKAGE field is wrong. I know the project
> claims on Github that it is licensed as LGPLv3, but the bundled copy of
> the triangle library is very much *not* licensed LGPLv3. It's a non-commercial
> license.
Fantastic ...

> You should probably also note that the tests aren't included in the tarball.

Yep, I say it in my email, but did not set NO_TEST.

Updated tarball attached.

--
Paco Esteban.
0x5818130B8A6DBC03

py-triangle.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: math/py-triangle (part of Ultimaker Cura + dependencies by Evandro Rathke)

Stuart Henderson
On 2020/09/15 09:49, Paco Esteban wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 08:23:04PM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:
> > > Hi ports@,
> >
> > > This is part of the big effort Evandro Rathke is taking to port
> > > Ultimaker Cura and its dependencies.
> >
> > > Original port by him with some tweaks by me.
> >
> > > mat/py-triangle
> > >     Python binding to the triangle library
> >
> > > The port does not include tests on the pypi tarball.  I tested manually
> > > the examples on the website and everything seems ok on amd64
> >
> > > ok to import ?
> >
> > Well, unfortunately, the PERMIT_PACKAGE field is wrong. I know the project
> > claims on Github that it is licensed as LGPLv3, but the bundled copy of
> > the triangle library is very much *not* licensed LGPLv3. It's a non-commercial
> > license.
>
> Fantastic ...

PERMIT_PACKAGE=Yes is OK. The restriction is on commercial distribution.
License marker something like "may be freely distributed if copyright notices
are included and no compensation is received"?

/*  Copyright 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2005                             */
/*  Jonathan Richard Shewchuk                                                */
/*  2360 Woolsey #H                                                          */
/*  Berkeley, California  94705-1927                                         */
/*  [hidden email]                                                      */
/*                                                                           */
/*  This program may be freely redistributed under the condition that the    */
/*    copyright notices (including this entire header and the copyright      */
/*    notice printed when the `-h' switch is selected) are not removed, and  */
/*    no compensation is received.  Private, research, and institutional     */
/*    use is free.  You may distribute modified versions of this code UNDER  */
/*    THE CONDITION THAT THIS CODE AND ANY MODIFICATIONS MADE TO IT IN THE   */
/*    SAME FILE REMAIN UNDER COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR, BOTH SOURCE   */
/*    AND OBJECT CODE ARE MADE FREELY AVAILABLE WITHOUT CHARGE, AND CLEAR    */
/*    NOTICE IS GIVEN OF THE MODIFICATIONS.  Distribution of this code as    */
/*    part of a commercial system is permissible ONLY BY DIRECT ARRANGEMENT  */
/*    WITH THE AUTHOR.  (If you are not directly supplying this code to a    */
/*    customer, and you are instead telling them how they can obtain it for  */
/*    free, then you are not required to make any arrangement with me.)      */

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 09:49:34AM +0200, Paco Esteban wrote:

> > You should probably also note that the tests aren't included in the tarball.

> Yep, I say it in my email, but did not set NO_TEST.

I meant more make a comment in the Makefile. Some of us (and by us, I mean me)
will try to get tests working and that will save me some time. :)

--Kurt