libdaemon is a lightweight C library that eases the writing of UNIX
daemons. It consists of the following parts:
* A wrapper around fork() which does the correct daemonization procedure
of a process
* A wrapper around syslog() for simpler and compatible log output to
Syslog or STDERR
* An API for writing PID files
* An API for serializing UNIX signals into a pipe for usage with
select() or poll()
* An API for running subprocesses with STDOUT and STDERR redirected to
works fine on amd64, powerpc and sparc.
it's needed for the scmpc port (sent to ports somewhat later).