NEW: libassetml-1.2.1

Antoine Jacoutot
Hi...

This is a required library for the educational softwares gcompris
(http://gcompris.net/) and childsplay (http://childsplay.sourceforge.net/).
I hope to be able to make some ports of those one those days and this is a
prerequisite.
As usual, please test and report, thanks!

libassetml-1.2.1
http://www.ofset.org/assetml/

DESCR:
AssetML defines an xml file that let application developper to use it
as a resource database. The idea is to be have a way to search content
on your hard drive with metadata (like name, category, file type,
description) instead of just a file name. This way, users can browse
content more easily and developpers can share content more easily.

--
Antoine

libassetml.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: libassetml-1.2.1

steven mestdagh
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 03:57:34PM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> Hi...
>
> This is a required library for the educational softwares gcompris
> (http://gcompris.net/) and childsplay (http://childsplay.sourceforge.net/).
> I hope to be able to make some ports of those one those days and this is a
> prerequisite.
> As usual, please test and report, thanks!

seems to compile ok on i386 and sparc64, but doesn't install files in
correct locations. suggested changes:

lib/locale/ -> share/locale/
include/libassetml-1.0/libassetml/ -> include/
share/gnome/help/libassetml/C/ -> share/doc/libassetml/

steven

Re: NEW: libassetml-1.2.1

Antoine Jacoutot
Selon steven mestdagh <[hidden email]>:
> seems to compile ok on i386 and sparc64, but doesn't install files in

And amd64 too :)
New port attached.

> correct locations. suggested changes:
>
> lib/locale/ -> share/locale/

Done.

> include/libassetml-1.0/libassetml/ -> include/

Done too... although do you think it is _really_ necessary ?

> share/gnome/help/libassetml/C/ -> share/doc/libassetml/

This, I did not change. It looks like a lot of packages already put files under
this dir (gedit, dia, gpdf, gnome-feedback...).
Do you really confirm this is a needed change ?

Thanks!

Antoine

libassetml.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment