NEW: lang/v

Brian Callahan-5
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, lang/v. V is a simple, fast, safe, compiled
language for developing maintainable software.

---
pkg/DESCR:
V is a simple, fast, safe, compiled language for developing maintainable
software.

Features:
* Simplicity: the language can be learned in half an hour, less if you
   already know Go
* Safety: no null, no globals, no undefined behavior, immutability by
   default
* C to V translation
* Hot code reloading
* Powerful UI and graphics libraries
* Easy cross compilation
* REPL
---

This language has plenty of hype and a lot of it is just hype and
marketing. But the fact of the matter is that (at least on amd64) the
majority of its tests pass (the failing ones appear to fail because the
compiler expects deterministic randomness) and its example code runs
(see [0]). And there seems to be a community interested in writing code
in the language. So might as well port it.

I've only tested on amd64 because it is way too hot here to turn on any
other machines. V is supposed to transpile to C, then call ${CC} to do
the real work, so it should work everywhere. Testing appreciated.

OK?

~Brian

[0] https://bsd.network/@bcallah/102471879763615936

Re: NEW: lang/v

drozdow
there are leaks everywhere in V, this language is not safe and prob. never will

Inviato da ProtonMail mobile