[NEW] lang/duktape

Frederic Cambus
Hi ports@,

Here is a new port: lang/duktape

Comments? OK?

From DESCR:

Duktape is an embeddable Javascript engine, with a focus on portability
and compact footprint.

duktape.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] lang/duktape

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas-2
Frederic Cambus <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi ports@,
>
> Here is a new port: lang/duktape
>
> Comments? OK?

The port looks fine, but I wonder what's the use for a cli-only
javascript interpreter?

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE

Re: [NEW] lang/duktape

Landry Breuil-5
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 07:20:37AM +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

> Frederic Cambus <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi ports@,
> >
> > Here is a new port: lang/duktape
> >
> > Comments? OK?
>
> The port looks fine, but I wonder what's the use for a cli-only
> javascript interpreter?

Fwiw, netsurf uses duktape :) but i think they bundle their own copy.

Re: [NEW] lang/duktape

Frederic Cambus
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:14:18AM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:

> > > Here is a new port: lang/duktape
> > >
> > > Comments? OK?
> >
> > The port looks fine, but I wonder what's the use for a cli-only
> > javascript interpreter?
>
> Fwiw, netsurf uses duktape :) but i think they bundle their own copy.

Indeed, it seems most project using Duktape simply bundle their own
copy, as it is distributed as a single C file.

I do find value in using the standalone interpreter to validate/debug
scripts.

Re: [NEW] lang/duktape

mitchell wodach
port builds and runs fine on amd64.
I think it would be nice to have to debug code also