NEW: lang/cim

Brian Callahan-3
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, lang/cim. GNU Cim is a Simula compiler.
Quick history lesson: Simula was the first object-oriented language and
was a major influence on things like C++.

---
pkg/DESCR:
GNU Cim is a compiler for the programming language Simula (except
unspecified parameters to formal or virtual procedures). It offers a
class concept, separate compilation with full type checking, interface
to external C routines, an application package for process simulation
and a coroutine concept. The compiler and run-time system are written in
C, and the compiler produces C code that is passed to a C compiler for
further processing towards machine code.
---

Works well for me, though it required some massaging to make clang happy.

OK?

~Brian

cim.tgz (11K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: lang/cim

Brian Callahan-3

On 11/07/17 12:36, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Attached is a new port, lang/cim. GNU Cim is a Simula compiler.
> Quick history lesson: Simula was the first object-oriented language
> and was a major influence on things like C++.
>
> ---
> pkg/DESCR:
> GNU Cim is a compiler for the programming language Simula (except
> unspecified parameters to formal or virtual procedures). It offers a
> class concept, separate compilation with full type checking, interface
> to external C routines, an application package for process simulation
> and a coroutine concept. The compiler and run-time system are written in
> C, and the compiler produces C code that is passed to a C compiler for
> further processing towards machine code.
> ---
>
> Works well for me, though it required some massaging to make clang happy.
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Ping. Now with informative patch messages to help make review easier.