NEW: ipynb-py-convert - converter between Jupyter Notebooks and .py

NEW: ipynb-py-convert - converter between Jupyter Notebooks and .py

Thomas Frohwein-2
Hi,

Jupyter Notebooks are a mess to version control, as they contain
encoded output data, like the images of graphs.

The best way to version control that I have found is ipynb-py-convert
which converts the notebooks into .py files that only include input, as
well as comments '# %%' to indicate the cell separators. Markdown cells
are converted to python multiline strings.

This is a very straightforward port from pypi.org. The syntax is:

$ ipynb-py-convert [input] [output]

I've tested it with a Jupyter Notebook that I'm working on and
successfully converted it to .py and back, with no issues in the
resulting .ipynb.

ok?

ipynb-py-convert.tgz (1K) Download Attachment