NEW: games/py-minecraft-launcher-lib

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
This will be for post-6.7, but I figured I'd get it out there for folks
who want to tinker with it like I have been.

minecraft-launcher-lib provides a python library to authenticate against
Mojang servers, install versions of Minecraft, and run them. I've
successfully used it to make a script that installs and runs our existing
version of Minecraft in ports (1.12.2).

It's python3 only.

--Kurt

py-minecraft-launcher-lib.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: games/py-minecraft-launcher-lib

Solene Rapenne

is this replacing games/minecraft then?

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 04:35:16PM +0200, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> Le Sat, 25 Apr 2020 12:50:05 -0400,
> Kurt Mosiejczuk <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > This will be for post-6.7, but I figured I'd get it out there for
> > folks who want to tinker with it like I have been.

> > minecraft-launcher-lib provides a python library to authenticate
> > against Mojang servers, install versions of Minecraft, and run them.
> > I've successfully used it to make a script that installs and runs our
> > existing version of Minecraft in ports (1.12.2).

> > It's python3 only.

> is this replacing games/minecraft then?

No. It may eventually be used to change games/minecraft, but on its own
it is not a replacement. I am currently using a python script made using
this to launch the existing version of minecraft (1.12.2).

--Kurt