NEW: games/openjazz

Brian Callahan-5
Hi ports --

Attached is a new part, games/openjazz. OpenJazz is an open-source
version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit games.

---
pkg/DESCR:
OpenJazz is a free, open-source version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit
games. Jazz Jackrabbit is a platforming game in which the player
controls an anthropomorphic rabbit against an invading tortoise army.

While this package and the game engine are open source, one still needs
to provide the original game assets from Jazz Jackrabbit, which is not
open source. You will need to purchase the original game to use this
package.
---

Works well on amd64. macppc testing appreciated (cwen?).

OK?

~Brian

openjazz.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: games/openjazz

Stefan Hagen-3
Brian Callahan wrote:
> Attached is a new part, games/openjazz. OpenJazz is an open-source
> version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit games.
>
> OK?

I played the first 10 levels on amd64 with the data files from gog.com.
If screen elements are missing, you may need to set scale to 2x or 3x in
the settings. But this is not port related.

I'd like to see this committed.

Re: NEW: games/openjazz

Charlene Wendling
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:48:58 -0400
Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Attached is a new part, games/openjazz. OpenJazz is an open-source
> version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit games.
>
> ---
> pkg/DESCR:
> OpenJazz is a free, open-source version of the classic Jazz Jackrabbit
> games. Jazz Jackrabbit is a platforming game in which the player
> controls an anthropomorphic rabbit against an invading tortoise army.
>
> While this package and the game engine are open source, one still
> needs to provide the original game assets from Jazz Jackrabbit, which
> is not open source. You will need to purchase the original game to
> use this package.
> ---
>
> Works well on amd64. macppc testing appreciated (cwen?).
>
> OK?

It works fine on macppc, colors aren't off and the sound works.

I'm sending a tarball with a move to SUBST_CMD instead of sed.

OK cwen@ either way

> ~Brian

Re: NEW: games/openjazz

Charlene Wendling