NEW: games/freedoom

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW: games/freedoom

Anthony J. Bentley-4
Hi,

Attached is a port for freedoom.


Freedoom is a freely licensed game pack for the Doom engine, split in two parts.

Phase 1 is the first part of the single-player game, containing four chapters
which are nine levels each, smoothly paced for beginner players. It is
compatible with mods for the original Doom and The Ultimate Doom.

Phase 2 is the second major part of the single-player game, a massive 32-level
chapter expanding upon the same concepts present in Phase 1, as well as
containing additional monsters and the double-barreled shotgun! The levels in
this game tend to demand more skillful play than the previous chapters. It is
compatible with mods for Doom II.

FreeDM is a fast-paced competitive deathmatch game, part of the Freedoom
project. Rather than the usual single-player focused levels, these contain
no monsters and are intended for deathmatch only. It is compatible with mods
for Doom II.


You can run the game with chocolate-doom.

ok?

--
Anthony J. Bentley

freedoom.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: games/freedoom

Landry Breuil-5
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:38:48PM -0700, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a port for freedoom.
>
>
> Freedoom is a freely licensed game pack for the Doom engine, split in two parts.
>
> Phase 1 is the first part of the single-player game, containing four chapters
> which are nine levels each, smoothly paced for beginner players. It is
> compatible with mods for the original Doom and The Ultimate Doom.
>
> Phase 2 is the second major part of the single-player game, a massive 32-level
> chapter expanding upon the same concepts present in Phase 1, as well as
> containing additional monsters and the double-barreled shotgun! The levels in
> this game tend to demand more skillful play than the previous chapters. It is
> compatible with mods for Doom II.
>
> FreeDM is a fast-paced competitive deathmatch game, part of the Freedoom
> project. Rather than the usual single-player focused levels, these contain
> no monsters and are intended for deathmatch only. It is compatible with mods
> for Doom II.
>
>
> You can run the game with chocolate-doom.
>
> ok?

ok (werent there licence issues with this one at some point, which
required reimplementing/relicencing some bits ? or all this is finally
over ?)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: games/freedoom

Anthony J. Bentley-4
Landry Breuil writes:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:38:48PM -0700, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Attached is a port for freedoom.
> >
> >
> > Freedoom is a freely licensed game pack for the Doom engine, split in two p
> arts.
> >
> > Phase 1 is the first part of the single-player game, containing four chapte
> rs
> > which are nine levels each, smoothly paced for beginner players. It is
> > compatible with mods for the original Doom and The Ultimate Doom.
> >
> > Phase 2 is the second major part of the single-player game, a massive 32-le
> vel
> > chapter expanding upon the same concepts present in Phase 1, as well as
> > containing additional monsters and the double-barreled shotgun! The levels
> in
> > this game tend to demand more skillful play than the previous chapters. It
> is
> > compatible with mods for Doom II.
> >
> > FreeDM is a fast-paced competitive deathmatch game, part of the Freedoom
> > project. Rather than the usual single-player focused levels, these contain
> > no monsters and are intended for deathmatch only. It is compatible with mod
> s
> > for Doom II.
> >
> >
> > You can run the game with chocolate-doom.
> >
> > ok?
>
> ok (werent there licence issues with this one at some point, which
> required reimplementing/relicencing some bits ? or all this is finally
> over ?)

I looked but can't find anything like this, except OpenGameArt
pointlessly complaining that it's BSD instead of Creative Commons...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: games/freedoom

Landry Breuil-5
On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:09:57AM -0700, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:

> Landry Breuil writes:
> > On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:38:48PM -0700, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Attached is a port for freedoom.
> > >
> > >
> > > Freedoom is a freely licensed game pack for the Doom engine, split in two p
> > arts.
> > >
> > > Phase 1 is the first part of the single-player game, containing four chapte
> > rs
> > > which are nine levels each, smoothly paced for beginner players. It is
> > > compatible with mods for the original Doom and The Ultimate Doom.
> > >
> > > Phase 2 is the second major part of the single-player game, a massive 32-le
> > vel
> > > chapter expanding upon the same concepts present in Phase 1, as well as
> > > containing additional monsters and the double-barreled shotgun! The levels
> > in
> > > this game tend to demand more skillful play than the previous chapters. It
> > is
> > > compatible with mods for Doom II.
> > >
> > > FreeDM is a fast-paced competitive deathmatch game, part of the Freedoom
> > > project. Rather than the usual single-player focused levels, these contain
> > > no monsters and are intended for deathmatch only. It is compatible with mod
> > s
> > > for Doom II.
> > >
> > >
> > > You can run the game with chocolate-doom.
> > >
> > > ok?
> >
> > ok (werent there licence issues with this one at some point, which
> > required reimplementing/relicencing some bits ? or all this is finally
> > over ?)
>
> I looked but can't find anything like this, except OpenGameArt
> pointlessly complaining that it's BSD instead of Creative Commons...

Ah, sorry, that was gzdoom that had licence issues that were finally
solved, cf
https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/commit/c219811a542e0d6aae38b920ae9e257c5c2286c1
and https://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=7613

so many dooms....