NEW: fonts/clearsans

Anthony J. Bentley-4
Hi,

Attached is a port for clearsans-1.00.

Adopted by Mozilla for the Firefox for Android browser, Clear Sans has been
recognized as a versatile OpenType font for screen, print, and Web. Clear
Sans was designed with on-screen legibility in mind. It strikes a balance
between contemporary, professional, and stylish expression and thoroughly
functional purpose. It has a sophisticated and elegant personality at all
sizes, and its thoughtful design becomes even more evident at the thin
weight.

It has minimized, unambiguous characters and slightly narrow proportions,
making it ideal for UI design. Its strong, recognizable forms avoid
distracting ambiguity, making Clear Sans comfortable for reading short UI
labels and long passages in both screen and print.

This font supports a wide range of languages using Latin, Cyrillic, and
Greek scripts. The font family includes medium, regular, thin, and light
weights with upright, italic, and bold styles.

ok?

--
Anthony J. Bentley

clearsans.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: fonts/clearsans

Anthony J. Bentley-4
On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 2:50 AM, Anthony J. Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a port for clearsans-1.00.
>
> Adopted by Mozilla for the Firefox for Android browser, Clear Sans has been
> recognized as a versatile OpenType font for screen, print, and Web. Clear
> Sans was designed with on-screen legibility in mind. It strikes a balance
> between contemporary, professional, and stylish expression and thoroughly
> functional purpose. It has a sophisticated and elegant personality at all
> sizes, and its thoughtful design becomes even more evident at the thin
> weight.
>
> It has minimized, unambiguous characters and slightly narrow proportions,
> making it ideal for UI design. Its strong, recognizable forms avoid
> distracting ambiguity, making Clear Sans comfortable for reading short UI
> labels and long passages in both screen and print.
>
> This font supports a wide range of languages using Latin, Cyrillic, and
> Greek scripts. The font family includes medium, regular, thin, and light
> weights with upright, italic, and bold styles.

Anyone willing to ok this?

--
Anthony J. Bentley

clearsans.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: fonts/clearsans

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/11/13 23:50, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 2:50 AM, Anthony J. Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Attached is a port for clearsans-1.00.
> >
> > Adopted by Mozilla for the Firefox for Android browser, Clear Sans has been
> > recognized as a versatile OpenType font for screen, print, and Web. Clear
> > Sans was designed with on-screen legibility in mind. It strikes a balance
> > between contemporary, professional, and stylish expression and thoroughly
> > functional purpose. It has a sophisticated and elegant personality at all
> > sizes, and its thoughtful design becomes even more evident at the thin
> > weight.
> >
> > It has minimized, unambiguous characters and slightly narrow proportions,
> > making it ideal for UI design. Its strong, recognizable forms avoid
> > distracting ambiguity, making Clear Sans comfortable for reading short UI
> > labels and long passages in both screen and print.
> >
> > This font supports a wide range of languages using Latin, Cyrillic, and
> > Greek scripts. The font family includes medium, regular, thin, and light
> > weights with upright, italic, and bold styles.
>

> Anyone willing to ok this?
>
> --
> Anthony J. Bentley

I would have put the extra steps in post-install rather than explicitly
call ${MODFONT_do-install} from do-install, but it doesn't matter really.

OK.