NEW: fonts/cascadia-code

Brian Callahan-6
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, fonts/cascadia-code. Cascadia Code is a
programming/terminal font from Microsoft.

---
pkg/DESCR:
Cascadia Code is a monospaced font that includes programming ligatures
and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the terminal.
---

It is a new dependency of textproc/nfoview. I chose only to install
the TTF version of the font (it also contains OTF and WOFF2 versions).

OK?

~Brian

cascadia-code.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: fonts/cascadia-code

Anthony J. Bentley-4
Brian Callahan writes:

> Attached is a new port, fonts/cascadia-code. Cascadia Code is a
> programming/terminal font from Microsoft.
>
> ---
> pkg/DESCR:
> Cascadia Code is a monospaced font that includes programming ligatures
> and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the terminal.
> ---
>
> It is a new dependency of textproc/nfoview. I chose only to install
> the TTF version of the font (it also contains OTF and WOFF2 versions).

I'd prefer if you included OTF too (but leave out WOFF2).

Can you lowercase /usr/local/share/fonts/Cascadia? The vast majority of
fonts (all but seven by my count) lowercase it.

Anthony J. Bentley

Re: NEW: fonts/cascadia-code

Brian Callahan-6

On Friday, May 22, 2020 7:10 AM, Anthony J. Bentley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brian Callahan writes:
>
> > Attached is a new port, fonts/cascadia-code. Cascadia Code is a
> > programming/terminal font from Microsoft.
> >
> > pkg/DESCR:
> > Cascadia Code is a monospaced font that includes programming ligatures
> > and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the terminal.
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > It is a new dependency of textproc/nfoview. I chose only to install
> > the TTF version of the font (it also contains OTF and WOFF2 versions).
>
> I'd prefer if you included OTF too (but leave out WOFF2).
>
> Can you lowercase /usr/local/share/fonts/Cascadia? The vast majority of
> fonts (all but seven by my count) lowercase it.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Anthony J. Bentley
Sure we can do that. Attached.

Brian Callahan writes:
> > I'd prefer if you included OTF too (but leave out WOFF2).
> >
> > Can you lowercase /usr/local/share/fonts/Cascadia? The vast majority of
> > fonts (all but seven by my count) lowercase it.
>
> Sure we can do that. Attached.

One more thing. Setting FONTTYPES only makes sense if you're using the
default do-install from the font module, and this port doesn't. Remove
FONTTYPES and the port's ok with me.