[NEW] drawterm - Plan 9 terminal emulator

[NEW] drawterm - Plan 9 terminal emulator

stanleylieber
From http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/8/drawterm:

Drawterm is a program that users of non-Plan 9 systems can use to
establish graphical cpu(1) connections with Plan 9 CPU servers.  Just as
a real Plan 9 terminal does, drawterm serves its local name space as
well as some devices (the keyboard, mouse, and screen) to a remote CPU
server, which mounts this name space on /mnt/term and starts a shell.
Typically, either explicitly or via the profile, one uses the shell to
start rio(1).

Sound is disabled.

Builds on i386 and amd64. Please test and commit.

Download:
http://openbsd.stanleylieber.com/drawterm/drawterm.tgz

-sl

Re: [NEW] drawterm - Plan 9 terminal emulator

stanleylieber
> From http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/8/drawterm:
>
> Drawterm is a program that users of non-Plan 9 systems can use to
> establish graphical cpu(1) connections with Plan 9 CPU servers.  Just as
> a real Plan 9 terminal does, drawterm serves its local name space as
> well as some devices (the keyboard, mouse, and screen) to a remote CPU
> server, which mounts this name space on /mnt/term and starts a shell.
> Typically, either explicitly or via the profile, one uses the shell to
> start rio(1).
>
> Sound is disabled.
>
> Builds on i386 and amd64. Please test and commit.
>
> Download:
> http://openbsd.stanleylieber.com/drawterm/drawterm.tgz

I found the remnants of an old attempt at a port here:

http://9fans.net/archive/2009/04/54

It built with the newest drawterm sources, so I updated my port to
reflect the patches. As a result, sparc64 now works. Audio is still
disabled. Tested on i386 and sparc64.

Download:
http://openbsd.stanleylieber.com:7734/drawterm/drawterm-20110103.tgz

-sl