NEW: devel/py-spyder

Edd Barrett
Hi,

A lightweight IDE for Python 2 (3 support in future releases
apparently). On first glance, I quite like it.

"Spyder (previously known as Pydee) is a powerful interactive development
environment for the Python language with advanced editing, interactive
testing, debugging and introspection features."

Spyder has a bunch of optional runtime dependencies (ipython, rope, ...)
which I have opted not to pull in by default (see the '?' menu on the GUI).

Where should this go? devel/ or editors/?

OK?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

py-spyder.tgz (9K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: devel/py-spyder

Edd Barrett
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 05:10:35PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A lightweight IDE for Python 2 (3 support in future releases
> apparently). On first glance, I quite like it.

Anyone interested?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Re: NEW: devel/py-spyder

Amit Kulkarni-5
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Edd Barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 05:10:35PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A lightweight IDE for Python 2 (3 support in future releases
> > apparently). On first glance, I quite like it.
>
> Anyone interested?

I like it on first glance.