[NEW] devel/py-importlib_resources

Dimitri Karamazov
Information for inst:py3-importlib_resources-5.1.0

Comment:
backport of the importlib.resources module

Required by:
qutebrowser-2.0.0

importlib_resources is a backport of Python standard library importlib.resources
module for older Pythons. Users of Python 3.9 and beyond should use the standard
library module, since for these versions, importlib_resources just delegates to
that module.

Maintainer: Dimitri Karamazov <[hidden email]>

WWW: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/importlib_resources

Any comments/OK's?

py-importlib_resources.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/py-importlib_resources

Stuart Henderson
On 2021/02/01 03:41, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:

> Information for inst:py3-importlib_resources-5.1.0
>
> Comment:
> backport of the importlib.resources module
>
> Required by:
> qutebrowser-2.0.0

> importlib_resources is a backport of Python standard library importlib.resources
> module for older Pythons. Users of Python 3.9 and beyond should use the standard
> library module, since for these versions, importlib_resources just delegates to
> that module.
>
> Maintainer: Dimitri Karamazov <[hidden email]>
>
> WWW: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/importlib_resources
>
> Any comments/OK's?

Please add a comment like "# remove when switching to Python 3.9"
to the makefile and rewrap DESCR so it isn't hard against column 80,
make test is very broken here, it's not a show-stopper if the port
otherwise works but please mention it in makefile (unless it can
be fixed :)

Then it's OK sthen.

Re: [NEW] devel/py-importlib_resources

Dimitri Karamazov
Ping

Required for the qutebrowser update.

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 12:27:25AM +0000, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 09:45:57PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2021/02/01 03:41, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:
> > > Information for inst:py3-importlib_resources-5.1.0
> > >
> > > Comment:
> > > backport of the importlib.resources module
> > >
> > > Required by:
> > > qutebrowser-2.0.0

> > > importlib_resources is a backport of Python standard library importlib.resources
> > > module for older Pythons. Users of Python 3.9 and beyond should use the standard
> > > library module, since for these versions, importlib_resources just delegates to
> > > that module.
> > >
> > > Maintainer: Dimitri Karamazov <[hidden email]>
> > >
> > > WWW: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/importlib_resources
> > >
> > > Any comments/OK's?
> >
> > Please add a comment like "# remove when switching to Python 3.9"
> > to the makefile and rewrap DESCR so it isn't hard against column 80,
> > make test is very broken here, it's not a show-stopper if the port
> > otherwise works but please mention it in makefile (unless it can
> > be fixed :)
> >
> > Then it's OK sthen.
> >
> Reattached with the expected changes.

py-importlib_resources.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/py-importlib_resources

Stuart Henderson
the changes have been made so someone could use my "then it's OK"
to import it.