NEW: devel/py-fields 5.0.0

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
devel/py-fields is a "container class boilerplate killer". It is needed
to enable tests for an updated devel/py-test-cov.

This requires the new port devel/py-characteristic for its tests.

--Kurt

py-fields.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: devel/py-fields 5.0.0

Daniel Jakots-6
On Sun, 5 May 2019 20:32:57 -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> devel/py-fields is a "container class boilerplate killer". It is
> needed to enable tests for an updated devel/py-test-cov.
>
> This requires the new port devel/py-characteristic for its tests.

If I don't miss something, we have some ports that want to print the
coverage reports for their tests suite. While it's useful for
upstreams (for their development work), I don't really think knowing the
coverage of the test suite is super useful for us but whatever.

But now we have (-> means tdep):
whatever port -> py-test-cov -> py-fields -> py-characteristic

If we next release py-characteristic adds some new tdep and so on...
how many level deep are we going to get?

Because in the end, we fill the ports tree with ports with (IMHO)
arguably usefulness and they do increase the load on maintenance.

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: NEW: devel/py-fields 5.0.0

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 08:32:57PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> devel/py-fields is a "container class boilerplate killer". It is needed
> to enable tests for an updated devel/py-test-cov.

> This requires the new port devel/py-characteristic for its tests.

Ping