[NEW] devel/py-chess 0.31.4

Tracey Emery
Hello,

Attached is a python library I used to test Brian's stockfish update.

It is a pure Python chess library with move generation and validation,
Polyglot opening book probing, PGN reading and writing, Gaviota
tablebase probing, Syzygy tablebase probing and XBoard/UCI engine
communication.

Ok to import, or do we care to even have this?

--

Tracey Emery

py-chess-0.31.4.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/py-chess 0.31.4

Tracey Emery
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:18:39PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Attached is a python library I used to test Brian's stockfish update.
>
> It is a pure Python chess library with move generation and validation,
> Polyglot opening book probing, PGN reading and writing, Gaviota
> tablebase probing, Syzygy tablebase probing and XBoard/UCI engine
> communication.
>
> Ok to import, or do we care to even have this?
>
> --
>
> Tracey Emery
Now with 100% more correct license.

--

Tracey Emery

py-chess-0.31.4.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/py-chess 0.31.4

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:32:02PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:18:39PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> > Hello,

> > Attached is a python library I used to test Brian's stockfish update.

> > It is a pure Python chess library with move generation and validation,
> > Polyglot opening book probing, PGN reading and writing, Gaviota
> > tablebase probing, Syzygy tablebase probing and XBoard/UCI engine
> > communication.

> > Ok to import, or do we care to even have this?

Here's my counter-offer.

I changed the category to games, as that seems way more appropriate than
devel.

Since it is a library, I moved it to use FLAVOR=python3.

I also added a comment about the tests not being bundled into the
tarball and NO_TEST=yes.

With these changes, ok kmos

--Kurt

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 04:01:16PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:32:02PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:18:39PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > Attached is a python library I used to test Brian's stockfish update.
>
> > > It is a pure Python chess library with move generation and validation,
> > > Polyglot opening book probing, PGN reading and writing, Gaviota
> > > tablebase probing, Syzygy tablebase probing and XBoard/UCI engine
> > > communication.
>
> > > Ok to import, or do we care to even have this?
>
> Here's my counter-offer.
>
> I changed the category to games, as that seems way more appropriate than
> devel.
>
> Since it is a library, I moved it to use FLAVOR=python3.
>
> I also added a comment about the tests not being bundled into the
> tarball and NO_TEST=yes.
>
> With these changes, ok kmos
>
> --Kurt

Works for me.