[NEW] devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods 0.100052

[NEW] devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods 0.100052

Charlene Wendling

I'm proposing here a new port, devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods, that
will be required to upgrade devel/p5-MooseX-Types.

It has been created by portgen, i've just modified DESCR. 'make test'
passes. There is not much to say about it, the module is ~20 SLOC ;)

Comment:
helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to build methods

This module provides helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to
build methods.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

Charlène.

p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods.tgz (932 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods 0.100052

Solene Rapenne
On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 08:55:51PM +0100, Charlene Wendling wrote:

> I'm proposing here a new port, devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods, that
> will be required to upgrade devel/p5-MooseX-Types.
>
> It has been created by portgen, i've just modified DESCR. 'make test'
> passes. There is not much to say about it, the module is ~20 SLOC ;)
>

> Comment:
> helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to build methods

> This module provides helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to
> build methods.
>

> Comments and feedback are welcome.
>
> Charlène.

Running update-plist adds missing directories

at configure time, the port yiels this, not sure if it's an error
though, this seems to happens in a lot of perl ports, I'm not sure
but maybe using LIB_DEPENDS instead of RUN_DEPENDS would solve it.

Warning: prerequisite Sub::Exporter 0.978 not found.
Warning: prerequisite Sub::Name 0 not found.

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods 0.100052

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/02/11 08:57, Solene Rapenne wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 08:55:51PM +0100, Charlene Wendling wrote:
> >
> > I'm proposing here a new port, devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods, that
> > will be required to upgrade devel/p5-MooseX-Types.
> >
> > It has been created by portgen, i've just modified DESCR. 'make test'
> > passes. There is not much to say about it, the module is ~20 SLOC ;)
> >

> > Comment:
> > helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to build methods

> > This module provides helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to
> > build methods.
> >

> > Comments and feedback are welcome.
> >
> > Charlène.
>
> Running update-plist adds missing directories

Hmm, it shouldn't - ${P5SITE}/Sub/Exporter/ is provided by
devel/p5-Sub-Exporter which is in RUN_DEPENDS so update-plist strips
it from the plist.

$ make plist
===>  Updating plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
Reading existing plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
Scanning /usr/obj/ports/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052/fake-amd64
Figuring out tie points
Tieing loose objects
Copying objects
Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Exporter
Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Install

> at configure time, the port yiels this, not sure if it's an error
> though, this seems to happens in a lot of perl ports, I'm not sure
> but maybe using LIB_DEPENDS instead of RUN_DEPENDS would solve it.
>
> Warning: prerequisite Sub::Exporter 0.978 not found.
> Warning: prerequisite Sub::Name 0 not found.

That is OK, these are deliberately only listed as RUN_DEPENDS to avoid
pulling in half the world for builds. They aren't really needed at build
time.

LIB_DEPENDS can only ever be used where that port provides a library used
in WANTLIB.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:26:14AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2019/02/11 08:57, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 08:55:51PM +0100, Charlene Wendling wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm proposing here a new port, devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods, that
> > > will be required to upgrade devel/p5-MooseX-Types.
> > >
> > > It has been created by portgen, i've just modified DESCR. 'make test'
> > > passes. There is not much to say about it, the module is ~20 SLOC ;)
> > >

> > > Comment:
> > > helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to build methods

> > > This module provides helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to
> > > build methods.
> > >

> > > Comments and feedback are welcome.
> > >
> > > Charlène.
> >
> > Running update-plist adds missing directories
>
> Hmm, it shouldn't - ${P5SITE}/Sub/Exporter/ is provided by
> devel/p5-Sub-Exporter which is in RUN_DEPENDS so update-plist strips
> it from the plist.
>
> $ make plist
> ===>  Updating plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
> Reading existing plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
> Scanning /usr/obj/ports/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052/fake-amd64
> Figuring out tie points
> Tieing loose objects
> Copying objects
> Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Exporter
> Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Install

I did try again on another system (amd64) and I did have different
result. I'll try again once I can access the other system (powerpc)
where update-plist did find some changes, there has to be an
explanation.

> > at configure time, the port yiels this, not sure if it's an error
> > though, this seems to happens in a lot of perl ports, I'm not sure
> > but maybe using LIB_DEPENDS instead of RUN_DEPENDS would solve it.
> >
> > Warning: prerequisite Sub::Exporter 0.978 not found.
> > Warning: prerequisite Sub::Name 0 not found.
>
> That is OK, these are deliberately only listed as RUN_DEPENDS to avoid
> pulling in half the world for builds. They aren't really needed at build
> time.
>
> LIB_DEPENDS can only ever be used where that port provides a library used
> in WANTLIB.

thanks for explanations. I thought LIB_DEPENDS could be used to replace
a port path present in both RUN_DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods 0.100052

Solene Rapenne
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:26:14AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2019/02/11 08:57, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 08:55:51PM +0100, Charlene Wendling wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm proposing here a new port, devel/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods, that
> > > will be required to upgrade devel/p5-MooseX-Types.
> > >
> > > It has been created by portgen, i've just modified DESCR. 'make test'
> > > passes. There is not much to say about it, the module is ~20 SLOC ;)
> > >

> > > Comment:
> > > helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to build methods

> > > This module provides helper routines for using Sub::Exporter to
> > > build methods.
> > >

> > > Comments and feedback are welcome.
> > >
> > > Charlène.
> >
> > Running update-plist adds missing directories
>
> Hmm, it shouldn't - ${P5SITE}/Sub/Exporter/ is provided by
> devel/p5-Sub-Exporter which is in RUN_DEPENDS so update-plist strips
> it from the plist.
>
> $ make plist
> ===>  Updating plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
> Reading existing plist for p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052
> Scanning /usr/obj/ports/p5-Sub-Exporter-ForMethods-0.100052/fake-amd64
> Figuring out tie points
> Tieing loose objects
> Copying objects
> Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Exporter
> Stripping directories from devel/p5-Sub-Install

I was missing "keepenv" in my doas.conf solene as root
it was somewhat working but did yiel some messages like "DON'T BUILD PORTS
AS ROOT" and did not see it.