[NEW] devel/p5-CLI-Framework

Peter Ezetta
Hello ports@,

Attached is a new port for p5-CLI-Framework. This port requires
devel/p5-Exception-Class-TryCatch, which I submitted the other day.

CLI::Framework ("CLIF") provides a framework and conceptual pattern for
building full-featured command line applications. It intends to make this
process simple and consistent. It assumes the responsibility of
implementing details that are common to all command-line applications,
making it possible for new applications adhering to well-defined
conventions to be built without the need to repeatedly write the same
command-line interface code.

Build and tests pass fine for me on AMD64 -current.

Comments? Ok?

Thanks,
Peter

p5-CLI-Framework.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-CLI-Framework

Andrew Hewus Fresh
On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:43:03AM -0700, Peter Ezetta wrote:

> Hello ports@,
>
> Attached is a new port for p5-CLI-Framework. This port requires
> devel/p5-Exception-Class-TryCatch, which I submitted the other day.
>
> CLI::Framework ("CLIF") provides a framework and conceptual pattern for
> building full-featured command line applications. It intends to make this
> process simple and consistent. It assumes the responsibility of
> implementing details that are common to all command-line applications,
> making it possible for new applications adhering to well-defined
> conventions to be built without the need to repeatedly write the same
> command-line interface code.
>
> Build and tests pass fine for me on AMD64 -current.
>
> Comments? Ok?

I needed another RUN_DEPENDS before it would work:
RUN_DEPENDS =           devel/p5-Class-Inspector

And adding an easy TEST_DEPENDS lets it run a bunch more of the tests.
TEST_DEPENDS =  databases/p5-DBD-SQLite

With those additions, OK afresh1@

p5-Exception-Class-TryCatch looked fine to me as well, I'm planning to
import it after getting through a few more reviews of things if nobody
else gets to it first.

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot
      be resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-CLI-Framework

Peter Ezetta
On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 12:22 PM Andrew Hewus Fresh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:43:03AM -0700, Peter Ezetta wrote:
> > Hello ports@,
> >
> > Attached is a new port for p5-CLI-Framework. This port requires
> > devel/p5-Exception-Class-TryCatch, which I submitted the other day.
> >
> > CLI::Framework ("CLIF") provides a framework and conceptual pattern for
> > building full-featured command line applications. It intends to make this
> > process simple and consistent. It assumes the responsibility of
> > implementing details that are common to all command-line applications,
> > making it possible for new applications adhering to well-defined
> > conventions to be built without the need to repeatedly write the same
> > command-line interface code.
> >
> > Build and tests pass fine for me on AMD64 -current.
> >
> > Comments? Ok?
>
> I needed another RUN_DEPENDS before it would work:
> RUN_DEPENDS =           devel/p5-Class-Inspector
>
> And adding an easy TEST_DEPENDS lets it run a bunch more of the tests.
> TEST_DEPENDS =  databases/p5-DBD-SQLite
>
> With those additions, OK afresh1@
>
> p5-Exception-Class-TryCatch looked fine to me as well, I'm planning to
> import it after getting through a few more reviews of things if nobody
> else gets to it first.
>
> l8rZ,
> --
> andrew - http://afresh1.com
>
> If your computer says, "Printer out of Paper," this problem cannot
>       be resolved by continuously clicking the "OK" button.

Here is an updated port with your suggested changes in place. It still
tests out fine
for me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Peter

p5-CLI-Framework.tar.gz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [NEW] devel/p5-CLI-Framework

Peter Ezetta
Ping :)

Any more feedback on this one?