NEW: devel/leiningen - Clojure project automation

NEW: devel/leiningen - Clojure project automation

Klemens Nanni-2
This is a small port that merely fetches a bash script and a zip archive
aka. jar file from GitHub and packages it:

        Information for inst:leiningen-2.9.1

        Comment:
        Clojure project automation

        Leiningen is for automating Clojure projects without setting your hair on fire.

        Maintainer: The OpenBSD ports mailing-list <[hidden email]>

        WWW: https://leiningen.org

I have no clue of Java or Clojure but with that package, I can do
`lein repl' and hack away^W^Wfollow instructions on fancy clojure
projects out there.

Portwise, I'm pretty much doing what FreeBSD[0] does execept

- using more recent Java
- avoiding ugly sed(1) fiddling in post-patch
- installing upstream documentation

Feedback? OK?

0: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/leiningen/Makefile?view=markup

leiningen.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: devel/leiningen - Clojure project automation

Jon Bernard
* Klemens Nanni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a small port that merely fetches a bash script and a zip archive
> aka. jar file from GitHub and packages it:
>
> Information for inst:leiningen-2.9.1
>
> Comment:
> Clojure project automation

> Leiningen is for automating Clojure projects without setting your hair on fire.
>
> Maintainer: The OpenBSD ports mailing-list <[hidden email]>
>
> WWW: https://leiningen.org
>

> I have no clue of Java or Clojure but with that package, I can do
> `lein repl' and hack away^W^Wfollow instructions on fancy clojure
> projects out there.
>
> Portwise, I'm pretty much doing what FreeBSD[0] does execept
>
> - using more recent Java
> - avoiding ugly sed(1) fiddling in post-patch
> - installing upstream documentation
>
> Feedback? OK?

I submitted this some time back [1], and here's what I maintain
personally [2].  I think the shell completions should be named to match
the port to prevent possible collisions.  Otherwise it looks good to me.

[1] http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/NEW-devel-leiningen-td321667.html
[2] https://git.jbernard.io/mystuff/tree/devel/leiningen

Jon

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 04:11:50PM -0400, Jon Bernard wrote:
> I submitted this some time back [1], and here's what I maintain
> personally [2].  I think the shell completions should be named to match
> the port to prevent possible collisions.  Otherwise it looks good to me.
Thanks, I did not look into the archives.

jasper's argument of the script not being meant for packaging no longer
holds true and I consider `pkg_add leiningen' to get a working REPL
worth adding this port (again).

Good catch on the shell completions, I fixed them to be
share/bash_completion.d/lein and share/zsh/site-functions/_lein, thanks.

Except for a new PLIST there's nothing else changed in the new tarball.
OK?

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 10:39:26PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 04:11:50PM -0400, Jon Bernard wrote:
> > I submitted this some time back [1], and here's what I maintain
> > personally [2].  I think the shell completions should be named to match
> > the port to prevent possible collisions.  Otherwise it looks good to me.
> Thanks, I did not look into the archives.
>
> jasper's argument of the script not being meant for packaging no longer
> holds true and I consider `pkg_add leiningen' to get a working REPL
> worth adding this port (again).
>
> Good catch on the shell completions, I fixed them to be
> share/bash_completion.d/lein and share/zsh/site-functions/_lein, thanks.
>
> Except for a new PLIST there's nothing else changed in the new tarball.
> OK?
Any opinions, further feedback or OK to import?

leiningen.tgz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: devel/leiningen - Clojure project automation

Rafael Sadowski
On Sat Nov 09, 2019 at 07:04:30PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 10:39:26PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 04:11:50PM -0400, Jon Bernard wrote:
> > > I submitted this some time back [1], and here's what I maintain
> > > personally [2].  I think the shell completions should be named to match
> > > the port to prevent possible collisions.  Otherwise it looks good to me.
> > Thanks, I did not look into the archives.
> >
> > jasper's argument of the script not being meant for packaging no longer
> > holds true and I consider `pkg_add leiningen' to get a working REPL
> > worth adding this port (again).
> >
> > Good catch on the shell completions, I fixed them to be
> > share/bash_completion.d/lein and share/zsh/site-functions/_lein, thanks.
> >
> > Except for a new PLIST there's nothing else changed in the new tarball.
> > OK?
> Any opinions, further feedback or OK to import?

If upstream recommends OpenJDK 8, I prefer to set MODJAVA_VER = 1.8 instead
of 1.8+ otherwise we run in and error if only JDK11 is installed:

$ lein
/usr/local/bin/lein: line 122: /usr/local/jdk-1.8.0/bin/java: No such
file or directory

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 08:07:00AM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> If upstream recommends OpenJDK 8, I prefer to set MODJAVA_VER = 1.8 instead
> of 1.8+ otherwise we run in and error if only JDK11 is installed:
>
> $ lein
> /usr/local/bin/lein: line 122: /usr/local/jdk-1.8.0/bin/java: No such
> file or directory
Good catch, thanks.  lang/clojure uses 1.8+ (with plus) as well, could
we run into simliar problems here as well?

Since that path to the java executable is substituted at build time and
devel/jdk provides no version agnostic path, I don't see a better
solution as of now than fixing it to 1.8 (no plus).

OK?

leiningen.tgz (2K) Download Attachment