NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

Frank Groeneveld-2
Attached a port for gitlab-ci-multi-runner:

---
A runner for Gitlab CI. It runs tests and sends the results to GitLab.
GitLab CI is the open-source continuous integration service included
with GitLab that coordinates the testing.
---

My upstream patches have not all been accepted yet. I'm still waiting
on one update of a vendored package:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ci-multi-runner/merge_requests/139

For now, I've included that patch in its most simple form in the port.
This results in a very long filename though, so the port is attached as
zip file (tar could not store this long name). What's the best way to
shorten this patch name?

The final problem is the referenced prebuilt.tar.gz. I believe this is
a very simple Docker container image that can be used by
gitlab-ci-multi-runner to start a docker container on a docker host.
This file is however not versioned and I'm not sure whether the contents
will change in the future. If so, it will of course result in checksum
errors. Should we/I cache this file somewhere and version it with the
date?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

gitlab-ci-multi-runner-1.1.2.zip (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

Frank Groeneveld-2
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 09:51:08PM +0200, Frank Groeneveld wrote:

> Attached a port for gitlab-ci-multi-runner:
>
> ---
> A runner for Gitlab CI. It runs tests and sends the results to GitLab.
> GitLab CI is the open-source continuous integration service included
> with GitLab that coordinates the testing.
> ---
>
> My upstream patches have not all been accepted yet. I'm still waiting
> on one update of a vendored package:
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ci-multi-runner/merge_requests/139
>
> For now, I've included that patch in its most simple form in the port.
> This results in a very long filename though, so the port is attached as
> zip file (tar could not store this long name). What's the best way to
> shorten this patch name?
>
> The final problem is the referenced prebuilt.tar.gz. I believe this is
> a very simple Docker container image that can be used by
> gitlab-ci-multi-runner to start a docker container on a docker host.
> This file is however not versioned and I'm not sure whether the contents
> will change in the future. If so, it will of course result in checksum
> errors. Should we/I cache this file somewhere and version it with the
> date?

Anybody care to help me with these questions? I would really like to get
this imported.

Thanks!

Frank

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

Amit Kulkarni-5
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Frank Groeneveld <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 09:51:08PM +0200, Frank Groeneveld wrote:
> > Attached a port for gitlab-ci-multi-runner:
> >
> > ---
> > A runner for Gitlab CI. It runs tests and sends the results to GitLab.
> > GitLab CI is the open-source continuous integration service included
> > with GitLab that coordinates the testing.
> > ---
> >
> > My upstream patches have not all been accepted yet. I'm still waiting
> > on one update of a vendored package:
> > https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ci-multi-runner/merge_requests/139
> >
> > For now, I've included that patch in its most simple form in the port.
> > This results in a very long filename though, so the port is attached as
> > zip file (tar could not store this long name). What's the best way to
> > shorten this patch name?
> >
> > The final problem is the referenced prebuilt.tar.gz. I believe this is
> > a very simple Docker container image that can be used by
> > gitlab-ci-multi-runner to start a docker container on a docker host.
> > This file is however not versioned and I'm not sure whether the contents
> > will change in the future. If so, it will of course result in checksum
> > errors. Should we/I cache this file somewhere and version it with the
> > date?
>
> Anybody care to help me with these questions? I would really like to get
> this imported.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Frank
>
>
I think you missed ports lock, you will have to wait a month or so before
port imports can start again.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

Stuart Henderson
On 2016/07/11 18:00, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> I think you missed ports lock, you will have to wait a month or so before
> port imports can start again.

Nothing has been announced about when port imports can start again.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW: devel/gitlab-ci-multi-runner

Frank Groeneveld-2
In reply to this post by Amit Kulkarni-5
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 06:00:50PM -0500, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> I think you missed ports lock, you will have to wait a month or so before
> port imports can start again.

Thanks for the reply, but my first concern is cleaning up this port and
resolving the two problems. Do you have any suggestions for that?

Thanks!

Frank