NEW: courier-uidgid

Toni Mueller-7

Hello,

this is sort of a repost, since nobody cared to comment the last time,
and since I find this matter increasingly urgent (seeing 3.9
approaching fast), and feel a bit stuck.

Attached you find a small "port" which creates a package that adds a
directory, a uid and a gid which can then be used by the courier suite.
Please assign an official uid so I can change the package to use that.

There's a set of (imho) two good packages by Steve Shockley which
represent the bulk of the work and create packages for the whole of the
courier suite instead of only scattered parts of it, and are compatible
with courier releases using courier-authlib which exists since at least
10/2004.

Will we see any progress before freeze, please?

Best,
--Toni++

courier-uidgid.tgz (888 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Marc Balmer-2
* Toni Mueller wrote:

> this is sort of a repost, since nobody cared to comment the last time,
> and since I find this matter increasingly urgent (seeing 3.9
> approaching fast), and feel a bit stuck.
>

> Attached you find a small "port" which creates a package that adds a
> directory, a uid and a gid which can then be used by the courier suite.
> Please assign an official uid so I can change the package to use that.
>
> There's a set of (imho) two good packages by Steve Shockley which
> represent the bulk of the work and create packages for the whole of the
> courier suite instead of only scattered parts of it, and are compatible
> with courier releases using courier-authlib which exists since at least
> 10/2004.
>
> Will we see any progress before freeze, please?

We have reworked all of the courier stuff, I will mail out a diff on
monday.

- Marc Balmer

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Toni Mueller-7

Hello Marc,

On Sun, 29.01.2006 at 10:17:48 +0100, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > Will we see any progress before freeze, please?
>
> We have reworked all of the courier stuff, I will mail out a diff on
> monday.

you mean yesterday?

Best,
--Toni++

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Marc Balmer-2
* Toni Mueller wrote:

> Hello Marc,
>
> On Sun, 29.01.2006 at 10:17:48 +0100, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > > Will we see any progress before freeze, please?
> >
> > We have reworked all of the courier stuff, I will mail out a diff on
> > monday.
>
> you mean yesterday?

Sure, but a lot of work here, ok, I look at this tomorrow... ;)

> Best,
> --Toni++

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Toni Mueller-7

Hello Marc,

On Tue, 31.01.2006 at 16:34:46 +0100, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > On Sun, 29.01.2006 at 10:17:48 +0100, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > We have reworked all of the courier stuff, I will mail out a diff on
> > > monday.
> > you mean yesterday?
> Sure, but a lot of work here, ok, I look at this tomorrow... ;)

did you see anything?

We're all thrilled to learn the new secret ways for packaging courier,
too!

Best,
--Toni++

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Marc Balmer-2
* Toni Mueller wrote:

> > > you mean yesterday?
> > Sure, but a lot of work here, ok, I look at this tomorrow... ;)
>
> did you see anything?
>
> We're all thrilled to learn the new secret ways for packaging courier,
> too!

It has been decided not to import new stuff or do major upgrades now, as
we are approaching tree lock for the 3.9 release.

I am withholding this stuff until after the tree lock.

If you're curious, you can probably get it from www.etc.msys.ch.

- Marc

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Toni Mueller-7

Hello Marc,

On Thu, 09.02.2006 at 20:09:40 +0100, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > We're all thrilled to learn the new secret ways for packaging courier,
> > too!
> It has been decided not to import new stuff or do major upgrades now, as
> we are approaching tree lock for the 3.9 release.

I have learnt so in the meantime, but several people inquired before
the tree was locked.

> I am withholding this stuff until after the tree lock.

Obviously.

> If you're curious, you can probably get it from www.etc.msys.ch.

Yes, I am curious.

Best,
--Toni++

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Toni Mueller-7

Hello Marc,

> > > Sure, but a lot of work here, ok, I look at this tomorrow... ;)
> > did you see anything?
> > We're all thrilled to learn the new secret ways for packaging courier,
> > too!
> It has been decided not to import new stuff or do major upgrades now, as
> we are approaching tree lock for the 3.9 release.
>
> I am withholding this stuff until after the tree lock.
>
> If you're curious, you can probably get it from www.etc.msys.ch.

I looked again after that, and also today, but only found
courier-authlib and courier-imap, but none of the other Courier stuff
which are all part of the effort by Steve Shockley and me whose work
you seem to be blocking. I also see no corresponding commits from you
in the CVS.

What's up?

Regards,
--Toni++

Re: NEW: courier-uidgid

Marc Balmer-2
* Toni Mueller wrote:

> > It has been decided not to import new stuff or do major upgrades now, as
> > we are approaching tree lock for the 3.9 release.
> >
> > I am withholding this stuff until after the tree lock.
> >
> > If you're curious, you can probably get it from www.etc.msys.ch.
>
> I looked again after that, and also today, but only found
> courier-authlib and courier-imap, but none of the other Courier stuff
> which are all part of the effort by Steve Shockley and me whose work
> you seem to be blocking. I also see no corresponding commits from you
> in the CVS.
>
> What's up?

I will look at these again this week.  It is not my intend to block
anything that could be of good use.  Honestly, these updates simply got
forgotten due to nice other work I did and that kept my attention...

- Marc Balmer