NEW: clawsker

Ulrich Kahl
Hi!

From the homepage:

"Clawsker is an applet to edit Claws Mail's hidden preferences.

Claws Mail has a high number of configurable options and, in order to
keep the binary small and fast, some of these preferences which are not
widely used are not provided with a graphical interface for inspection
and/or modification.

Users wanting to edit such preferences had to face editing the
configuration text files directly, now it is possible with a convenient
GTK2 interface using Clawsker."

If there is a more elegant way to make this script working, please let
me know :-)

        Ulrich Kahl

clawsker.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: NEW: clawsker

Landry Breuil-3
On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 11:05:20AM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:

> Hi!
>
> From the homepage:
>
> "Clawsker is an applet to edit Claws Mail's hidden preferences.
>
> Claws Mail has a high number of configurable options and, in order to
> keep the binary small and fast, some of these preferences which are not
> widely used are not provided with a graphical interface for inspection
> and/or modification.
>
> Users wanting to edit such preferences had to face editing the
> configuration text files directly, now it is possible with a convenient
> GTK2 interface using Clawsker."
>

> If there is a more elegant way to make this script working, please let
> me know :-)

Builds, installs and works fine here @i386. Though make
port-lib-depends-check shows extra iconv/intl in WANTLIB...
clawsker-0.3.0:
Extra:         iconv.4
Extra:         intl.4

Landry

Re: NEW: clawsker

Pierre-Emmanuel André
Le Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:35:46 +0100,
Landry Breuil <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 11:05:20AM +0100, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > From the homepage:
> >
> > "Clawsker is an applet to edit Claws Mail's hidden preferences.
> >
> > Claws Mail has a high number of configurable options and, in order
> > to keep the binary small and fast, some of these preferences which
> > are not widely used are not provided with a graphical interface for
> > inspection and/or modification.
> >
> > Users wanting to edit such preferences had to face editing the
> > configuration text files directly, now it is possible with a
> > convenient GTK2 interface using Clawsker."
> >

> > If there is a more elegant way to make this script working, please
> > let me know :-)
>
> Builds, installs and works fine here @i386. Though make
> port-lib-depends-check shows extra iconv/intl in WANTLIB...
> clawsker-0.3.0:
> Extra:         iconv.4
> Extra:         intl.4
>
> Landry

Works fine on @i368 too.

Regards,

Pea

Re: NEW: clawsker

Ulrich Kahl
Am Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:35:46 +0100 schrieb Landry Breuil
<[hidden email]>:

[...]
> Builds, installs and works fine here @i386. Though make
> port-lib-depends-check shows extra iconv/intl in WANTLIB...
> clawsker-0.3.0:
> Extra:         iconv.4
> Extra:         intl.4

Yes, but in this case the depends check is not entirely correct (but
also not completely wrong :)
Some gettext-tools are used to build the locales (surprise ;-), so
adding it to BUILD_DEPENDS would be the way to go to satisfy the ports
framework, but clawsker also depend on devel/p5-Locale-gettext for
running, which depends on devel/gettext, too, so I think it doesn't
matter in this case (correct me if I'm wrong).

        Ulrich

Re: NEW: clawsker

Ulrich Kahl
Resending the message, it seems to be lost.

Am Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:35:46 +0100 schrieb Landry Breuil

[...]