NEW WIP games/cataclysm-dda

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW WIP games/cataclysm-dda

trondd-2
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead is a post-apocalyptic zombie survival
rougelike,  It includes crafting, vehicles, and sci-fi elements.  

This is my first pass at the port.  It's the SDL version with graphics
tiles,  sounds and lua support enabled.  I'd like to do a no_x11 flavor
but I want to get feedback on the basic port before digging in further.
This is building from the master branch as the last release is out of
date and not used by players anymore.

I only have amd64 to test on so I don't know if other archs will work
or not.  I haven't run into any issues with it yet and I've killed off
several characters,  I figure there are problably things I've missed in
the port here and there and I get conflicting information about whether
or not I need WANTLIB intl.

All feedback and testing is welcome.  Thanks.

Tim.

cdda.tgz (16K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW WIP games/cataclysm-dda

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/09/15 19:44, [hidden email] wrote:

> Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead is a post-apocalyptic zombie survival
> rougelike,  It includes crafting, vehicles, and sci-fi elements.  
>
> This is my first pass at the port.  It's the SDL version with graphics
> tiles,  sounds and lua support enabled.  I'd like to do a no_x11 flavor
> but I want to get feedback on the basic port before digging in further.
> This is building from the master branch as the last release is out of
> date and not used by players anymore.
>
> I only have amd64 to test on so I don't know if other archs will work
> or not.  I haven't run into any issues with it yet and I've killed off
> several characters,  I figure there are problably things I've missed in
> the port here and there and I get conflicting information about whether
> or not I need WANTLIB intl.
>
> All feedback and testing is welcome.  Thanks.
>
> Tim.

not built yet, but from a read through:

: # $OpenBSD: Makefile,v 1.30 2015/06/05 12:20:38 ajacoutot Exp $
: # Original from: Robert Ruehlmann

commit log is the place for things like the 'original from'

: COMMENT= rogue-like zombie survival game
:
: V = 2017.09.09
: DISTNAME= cataclysm-dda
: PKGNAME= cataclysm-dda-${V}

even though the GH_* magic now adds part of the hash, I'd be happier
with DISTNAME=cataclysm-dda-2017.09.09 so that the filename matches
the port version..

: CATEGORIES= games
:
: HOMEPAGE= http://en.cataclysmdda.com
:
: MAINTAINER= Tim Meunier <[hidden email]>
:
: # Creative Commons 3.0
: PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM= Yes
:
: GH_ACCOUNT= CleverRaven
: GH_PROJECT= Cataclysm-DDA
: GH_COMMIT= 0d5c4473afb461b5d0de246381a961027d77124d

please move GH_* up with DISTNAME

:
: USE_GMAKE= Yes
:
: MODULES= lang/lua \
: textproc/intltool
:
: WANTLIB= SDL2 SDL2_image SDL2_mixer SDL2_ttf c c++ \
: c++abi iconv intl lua5.1 m pthread

lua5.1 and the c++ libs should use the variables ${MODLUA_WANTLIB}
and ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} - I'm surprised port-lib-depends-check didn't
come up with the latter for you?

WANTLIB goes immediately after PERMIT_*

:
: MAKE_FLAGS= CLANG=1 RELEASE=1 USE_HOME_DIR=1 LOCALIZE=1 \
: LANGUAGES=all LUA=1 LUA_BINARY=lua51 TILES=1 SOUND=1

lua51 should probably be ${MODLUA_BIN}, but if it doesn't like the
full path, something like ${MODLUA_DEP}

:
: LIB_DEPENDS+= devel/sdl2-mixer \
: devel/sdl2-image \
: devel/sdl2-ttf
:
: BUILD_DEPENDS= devel/libexecinfo
:
: RUN_DEPENDS= devel/gettext

you have WANTLIB hanging off gettext, so this should be LIB not RUN_DEPENDS

: NO_TEST= Yes
:
: pre-install:
: find ${WRKSRC} -name "*.sh" -exec sed -i -e 's|#!/bin/bash|#!/bin/sh|' {} \;
:
: .include <bsd.port.mk>

DESCR looks like it has three possible alternatives of varying
descriptiveness in? it seems like one of the three would be enough..

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW WIP games/cataclysm-dda

trondd-2
Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017/09/15 19:44, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> not built yet, but from a read through:
>
> commit log is the place for things like the 'original from'
>
> even though the GH_* magic now adds part of the hash, I'd be happier
> with DISTNAME=cataclysm-dda-2017.09.09 so that the filename matches
> the port version..
>
> please move GH_* up with DISTNAME
>
> lua5.1 and the c++ libs should use the variables ${MODLUA_WANTLIB}
> and ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} - I'm surprised port-lib-depends-check didn't
> come up with the latter for you?
>
> WANTLIB goes immediately after PERMIT_*
>
> lua51 should probably be ${MODLUA_BIN}, but if it doesn't like the
> full path, something like ${MODLUA_DEP}
>
> you have WANTLIB hanging off gettext, so this should be LIB not RUN_DEPENDS
>
> DESCR looks like it has three possible alternatives of varying
> descriptiveness in? it seems like one of the three would be enough..
Cleaned up and reorganized.  Other than portcheck and port-lib-depends-check
arguing over intl, they didn't report any other peoblems.  They both report
clean now except for a python script used to convert tilesets whic I don't
thing is related to building/running.

Tim..


cdda.tgz (15K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NEW WIP games/cataclysm-dda

trondd-2
trondd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 2017/09/15 19:44, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > not built yet, but from a read through:
> >
> > commit log is the place for things like the 'original from'
> >
> > even though the GH_* magic now adds part of the hash, I'd be happier
> > with DISTNAME=cataclysm-dda-2017.09.09 so that the filename matches
> > the port version..
> >
> > please move GH_* up with DISTNAME
> >
> > lua5.1 and the c++ libs should use the variables ${MODLUA_WANTLIB}
> > and ${COMPILER_LIBCXX} - I'm surprised port-lib-depends-check didn't
> > come up with the latter for you?
> >
> > WANTLIB goes immediately after PERMIT_*
> >
> > lua51 should probably be ${MODLUA_BIN}, but if it doesn't like the
> > full path, something like ${MODLUA_DEP}
> >
> > you have WANTLIB hanging off gettext, so this should be LIB not RUN_DEPENDS
> >
> > DESCR looks like it has three possible alternatives of varying
> > descriptiveness in? it seems like one of the three would be enough..
>
> Cleaned up and reorganized.  Other than portcheck and port-lib-depends-check
> arguing over intl, they didn't report any other peoblems.  They both report
> clean now except for a python script used to convert tilesets whic I don't
> thing is related to building/running.
>
> Tim..
>
Now with flavor.  Added a no_x11 flavor to build the ncurses version.
This is my first flavored port, so keep an eye out. :)

Tim.



cdda-flav.tgz (16K) Download Attachment