Multiple audio devices

Will H. Backman
How does OpenBSD deal with multiple audio devices?
Man pages reference /dev/audio etc, which seems to be a link to audio0
The kernel output mentions audio1, but I don't see it in the /dev
directory.
Do I have to create the device node first in /dev?

--
Will Backman - Network Administrator
Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.ceimaine.org

Re: Multiple audio devices

Ted Unangst-2
On 11/9/05, Will H. Backman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How does OpenBSD deal with multiple audio devices?
> Man pages reference /dev/audio etc, which seems to be a link to audio0
> The kernel output mentions audio1, but I don't see it in the /dev
> directory.
> Do I have to create the device node first in /dev?

yes, if it's not there, create it.  sh MAKDEV audio1
you probably also want to create sound and mixer devs.