Mounting microSDHC

Anirudh Oppiliappan
I'm trying to mount a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC. My laptop -- HP Envy 13
-- has a slot for it. But upon pluggin in, there is no device
recognized, and dmesg doesn't show anything. I understand sdhc(4) should
take care of this, but that's all I know.

Any pointers?

Re: Mounting microSDHC

Maurice McCarthy-3
Maybe depends whether it is on usb or pci. Have a look at

$ pkg_info pcsc-tools

Re: Mounting microSDHC

Robert-318
On Thu, 21 May 2020 16:31:22 +0100
Maurice McCarthy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe depends whether it is on usb or pci. Have a look at
>
> $ pkg_info pcsc-tools

I had a similar issue long ago (don't remember the exact hardware
setup).
The solution was to have a card in the slot when booting the machine;
otherwise it would not be detected. Afterwards it was possible to
insert different cards.

/Robert

Re: Mounting microSDHC

Stuart Henderson
On 2020-05-21, Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 2020 16:31:22 +0100
> Maurice McCarthy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Maybe depends whether it is on usb or pci. Have a look at
>>
>> $ pkg_info pcsc-tools
>>

> I had a similar issue long ago (don't remember the exact hardware
> setup).
> The solution was to have a card in the slot when booting the machine;
> otherwise it would not be detected. Afterwards it was possible to
> insert different cards.
>
> /Robert

Try that. And send a dmesg.