Mounting UFS2 (FreeBSD) partition?

Vinicius Pavanelli Vianna
Hi,

I'm using 3.8 GENERIC kernel, and  having problems mounting a FreeBSD
UFS2 harddisk, is there a way to mount it in OpenBSD or the only way is
to backup data, reformat in FFS and restore?

Thanks in advance,
DS

Re: Mounting UFS2 (FreeBSD) partition?

Ted Unangst-2
UFS2 is not supported.

On 12/5/05, Vinicius Vianna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 3.8 GENERIC kernel, and  having problems mounting a FreeBSD
> UFS2 harddisk, is there a way to mount it in OpenBSD or the only way is
> to backup data, reformat in FFS and restore?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> DS

Re: Mounting UFS2 (FreeBSD) partition?

Eric Buchanan-2
I've mounted OpenBSD from FreeBSD 4.x without any problems. I converted an
extra freebsd partition to OpenBSD (use sysinstall to change the partition
type to 166) and rebooted. Then I installed OpenBSD on it. I've never
accessed FreeBSD from OpenBSD.

FreeBSD 5.x can mount an OpenBSD partition, but it can only access the first
slice.
HTH,
Eric Buchanan

El Mon 05 Dec 2005 12:38 pm, escribis:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 3.8 GENERIC kernel, and  having problems mounting a FreeBSD
> UFS2 harddisk, is there a way to mount it in OpenBSD or the only way is
> to backup data, reformat in FFS and restore?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> DS

Re: Mounting UFS2 (FreeBSD) partition?

Martin Schröder
On 2005-12-05 13:17:54 -0800, Ted Unangst wrote:
> UFS2 is not supported.

Is anybody working on changing that?

Best
    Martin
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de

On 12/5/05, Martin Schrvder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2005-12-05 13:17:54 -0800, Ted Unangst wrote:
> > UFS2 is not supported.
>
> Is anybody working on changing that?

not that i'm aware of.