Monitor Open Files

Morris, Roy
I am working with a postgres database on openbsd 4.2 -stable. I was wondering
what the most correct method would be to monitor the number of open files? I
assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the 'openfiles-cur=768' entry that I
created
for the postgres login class might be identifiable roughly with the command
fstat -u _postgresql |wc -l . Is there any chance anyone can tell me if my
assumptions are correct?

Thanks
Roy

Re: Monitor Open Files

peterwkc
I think this command may help you. lsof.

Re: Monitor Open Files

Will Maier
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 07:22:40PM -0700, Peter_APIIT wrote:
> I think this command may help you. lsof.

On OpenBSD, fstat(1) is often more interesting. As an added bonus,
it's in base.

--

| web:.......http://www.lfod.us/ | [hidden email] |