Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Michael Alaimo
The /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/out-of-date program is missing.

I remember it being in OpenBSD 6.3.

It is still referenced in /usr/ports/infrastructure/README in OpenBSD 6.5.

It is listed with description:
bin/out-of-date
    Compare installed registered packages with INDEX, try to find out
    of date ports.

Is it possible to get the script back into ports for OpenBSD 6.5?

Does anyone know what happened with it?

Regards,

Michael

http://quantum-foam.org/

Re: Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri-4
On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 05:16:19PM -0400, Michael Alaimo wrote:

> The /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/out-of-date program is missing.
>
> I remember it being in OpenBSD 6.3.
>
> It is still referenced in /usr/ports/infrastructure/README in OpenBSD 6.5.
>
> It is listed with description:
> bin/out-of-date
>     Compare installed registered packages with INDEX, try to find out
>     of date ports.
>
> Is it possible to get the script back into ports for OpenBSD 6.5?
>
> Does anyone know what happened with it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>
> http://quantum-foam.org/

On 2018/07/09 11:17:33 it was renamed "pkg_outdated" (same location as
before).

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=153115666203853&w=2

--
Kusalananda
Sweden

Re: Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Michael Alaimo
Thank you I found the file and it is now working.

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 5:24 PM Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 05:16:19PM -0400, Michael Alaimo wrote:
> > The /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/out-of-date program is missing.
> >
> > I remember it being in OpenBSD 6.3.
> >
> > It is still referenced in /usr/ports/infrastructure/README in OpenBSD 6.5.
> >
> > It is listed with description:
> > bin/out-of-date
> >     Compare installed registered packages with INDEX, try to find out
> >     of date ports.
> >
> > Is it possible to get the script back into ports for OpenBSD 6.5?
> >
> > Does anyone know what happened with it?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > http://quantum-foam.org/
>
> On 2018/07/09 11:17:33 it was renamed "pkg_outdated" (same location as
> before).
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=153115666203853&w=2
>
> --
> Kusalananda
> Sweden

Re: Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Patrick Harper
It was renamed to pkg_outdated.

--
  Patrick Harper
  [hidden email]

On Sat, 25 May 2019, at 22:17, Michael Alaimo wrote:

> The /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/out-of-date program is missing.
>
> I remember it being in OpenBSD 6.3.
>
> It is still referenced in /usr/ports/infrastructure/README in OpenBSD 6.5.
>
> It is listed with description:
> bin/out-of-date
>     Compare installed registered packages with INDEX, try to find out
>     of date ports.
>
> Is it possible to get the script back into ports for OpenBSD 6.5?
>
> Does anyone know what happened with it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>
> http://quantum-foam.org/

Re: Missing file and Man page for out-of-date

Marc Espie-2
As for the full story, this is a whole sequence of events.

Committee decided ports/infrastructure/man  didn't belong in default
manpath, because it's not part of sacro-sanct base.

Fine, let's move the man pages to base.

And then, Theo said some of those names are way too generic, we can't
have manpages with such names (and on that point, he is right).

Fine, I renamed generic programs to port-something, or pkg_whatever.

Sorry about the README, I plain forgot about that.