Quantcast

Missing Queuing part in pf FAQ

Grosjean Cyril
Hello,

I was watching again the pf FAQ of the OpenBSD documentation and I saw that the ALTQ part is missing here : https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html

I'm sure that before it was the case. Is there a reason for this change ?

Re: Missing Queuing part in pf FAQ

Peter N. M. Hansteen-3
On 02/11/17 16:48, Grosjean Cyril wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was watching again the pf FAQ of the OpenBSD documentation and I saw
> that the ALTQ part is missing here :
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html
> <https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html>
>
> I'm sure that before it was the case. Is there a reason for this change ?

ALTQ has been superseded by the new queues and priorities system. The
new code was introduced back in OpenBSD 5.5 and ALTQ was removed in
OpenBSD 5.6. Unfortunately nobody has yet gotten around to writing a new
faq entry. There are however some pointers in my tutorial slides, see eg
https://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/newest/shaping.queues.prio.html and
following.