Midi keyboard with 5.7

pasta
Hello,
I have a Launchkey MK2 25 by Novation and I am wondering if I can
play on it using OpenBSD. As said it is a midi keyboard and it is connected
via usb. Unfortunately it doesn't show up as midi device [1].
I read that I could try to make it work by finding out it's endpoint and
using hexdump [2].But it says "Device not configured" for all endpoints.
There is an official manual [3], saying there are two modes and in one of
them it acts as generic midi device. When plugged in it should act as
normal
device.
Can I do something about the problem? And what?

[0]
uname -a
OpenBSD z77 5.7 GENERIC.MP#881 amd64

[1]
dmesg
umidi0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "Focusrite A.E. Ltd
Launchkey MK2 25" rev 1.10/0.00 addr 3
umidi0: (genuine USB-MIDI)
umidi0: out=0, in=0
ugen1 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 "Focusrite A.E. Ltd Launchkey MK2
25" rev 1.10/0.00 addr 3

[2]
cat -u /dev/ugen0.N | hexdump -e '1/1 "%02x\n"'
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/192126
the result (for all 16):
cat: /dev/ugen1.01: Device not configured

[3]
http://global.novationmusic.com/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10535/launchkey-mk2-programmers-reference-guide.pdf

Re: Midi keyboard with 5.7

Alexandre Ratchov-2
On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 04:22:10PM +0000, pasta wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a Launchkey MK2 25 by Novation and I am wondering if I can
> play on it using OpenBSD. As said it is a midi keyboard and it is connected
> via usb. Unfortunately it doesn't show up as midi device [1].
> I read that I could try to make it work by finding out it's endpoint and
> using hexdump [2].But it says "Device not configured" for all endpoints.
> There is an official manual [3], saying there are two modes and in one of
> them it acts as generic midi device. When plugged in it should act as normal
> device.
> Can I do something about the problem? And what?
>
> [0]
> uname -a
> OpenBSD z77 5.7 GENERIC.MP#881 amd64
>
> [1]
> dmesg
> umidi0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "Focusrite A.E. Ltd
> Launchkey MK2 25" rev 1.10/0.00 addr 3
> umidi0: (genuine USB-MIDI)
> umidi0: out=0, in=0

It seems to have worked, you could install fluidsynth,
generaluser-gs-soundfont and play with the keyboard

-- Alexandre