Memory checker

Gilles Cafedjian
Hello,

I saw the valgrind port in GSOC 2014, there is someone working on it
actually?
Is there an alternative to valgrind in OpenBSD to check for memory leak
and invalid read/write?

If no, do you have some clues to implement a little basic layer to hook
malloc / free and track block size?

Thanks.

Re: Memory checker

Stuart Henderson
On 2014-07-31, Blaise Hizded <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If no, do you have some clues to implement a little basic layer to hook
> malloc / free and track block size?

malloc has some useful code hidden behind MALLOC_STATS - see
http://www.drijf.net/malloc/

Re: Memory checker

Gilles Cafedjian
Le 31/07/2014 14:45, Stuart Henderson a écrit :
> On 2014-07-31, Blaise Hizded <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If no, do you have some clues to implement a little basic layer to hook
>> malloc / free and track block size?
> malloc has some useful code hidden behind MALLOC_STATS - see
> http://www.drijf.net/malloc/

Oh thanks, It's interesting. I will test this.