Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Adam Dennis
I noticed that openbsd-current doesn't have support for Marvell
Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit (onboard).

I get the following message when I try to boot from 3.8 release cdrom:

skc0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Marvell Yukon 8053" rev 0x19: irq 10
skc0: bad VPD resource id: expected 82 got 0
skc0: unknown media type: 0x31

I have an Asus P5LD2 mobo if that helps.

Thanks,
DzL

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

chris_honschu
Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 16:20 schrieb Adam Dennis:
> I noticed that openbsd-current doesn't have support for Marvell
> Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit (onboard).

I have the same if, but not on my OpenBSD-Computer.

www.skd.de supports drivers for FreeBSD, Linux, etc. but not for
OpenBSD as far as I can see.

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Diana Eichert
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Christoph Fritz wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 16:20 schrieb Adam Dennis:
> > I noticed that openbsd-current doesn't have support for Marvell
> > Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit (onboard).
>
> I have the same if, but not on my OpenBSD-Computer.
>
> www.skd.de supports drivers for FreeBSD, Linux, etc. but not for
> OpenBSD as far as I can see.

SysKonnect support has gone down hill ever since Marvel bought them.  I
tried unsuccessfully to get h/w and doc supplied to OBSD devs a little
over a year ago, then all of the sudden my old SK contact quit replying.

diana

Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 20:09 schrieb Diana Eichert:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Christoph Fritz wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 16:20 schrieb Adam Dennis:
> > > I noticed that openbsd-current doesn't have support for
> > > Marvell Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit (onboard).
> >
> > I have the same if, but not on my OpenBSD-Computer.
> >
> > www.skd.de supports drivers for FreeBSD, Linux, etc. but not
> > for OpenBSD as far as I can see.
>
> SysKonnect support has gone down hill ever since Marvel bought
> them.  I tried unsuccessfully to get h/w and doc supplied to OBSD
> devs a little over a year ago, then all of the sudden my old SK
> contact quit replying.

I wrote to <[hidden email]> and got a working driver
(source-code) from <[hidden email]> for my current Linux
2.6.15

Maybe the linux source is all docu they give out?

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Tobias Weingartner-2
On Wednesday, January 25, Christoph Fritz wrote:

> Maybe the linux source is all docu they give out?

Linux source is *not* documentation.

--Toby.

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Chris Cappuccio
isn't the openbsd driver derived from the freebsd if_sk?

"Don Rumsfeld has been chewing on my ankles." -- Dick Cheney

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Daniel Polak
==== Original message from Diana Eichert at 25-1-2006 20:09

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Christoph Fritz wrote:
>

>> Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 16:20 schrieb Adam Dennis:
>>
>>> I noticed that openbsd-current doesn't have support for Marvell
>>> Yukon88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit (onboard).
>>>
>> I have the same if, but not on my OpenBSD-Computer.
>>
>> www.skd.de supports drivers for FreeBSD, Linux, etc. but not for
>> OpenBSD as far as I can see.
>>

> SysKonnect support has gone down hill ever since Marvel bought them.  I
> tried unsuccessfully to get h/w and doc supplied to OBSD devs a little
> over a year ago, then all of the sudden my old SK contact quit replying.

To provide a balanced view:
In July last year SysKonnect provided a few SK-9S22 cards to Brad and me
so OpenBSD support could be added.

It took it bit of doing but they were definitely willing to help.

Daniel

Re: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit

Diana Eichert
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Daniel Polak wrote:
SNIP
> To provide a balanced view:
> In July last year SysKonnect provided a few SK-9S22 cards to Brad and me
> so OpenBSD support could be added.
>
> It took it bit of doing but they were definitely willing to help.
>
> Daniel

Taking 9 months from their first offer to me.  You have to understand that
they came to me asking for OpenBSD developer contact info at
SuperComputing November 2004.  Then in December 2004 all communications
stopped, this after I told brad@ I thought I had cards and docs for him.

I've been dealing with SK for years and I stand behind my comment that
things have gone downhill since Marvell purchased them.

I'm glad they finally followed through on their offer.  I guess late is
better than never.

diana