Mail how-to sans mysql

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mail how-to sans mysql

nuffnough
Hi,

I am wanting to set up a pretty basic mail server with postfix,  and
figure that setting up a database backend is overkill.

All the most excellent docs I've found on the internet incorporate
mysql setup.   Can someone link me to a guide that does this without
Mysql?

The most clear and comprehensive guide I've found is the one by
Daniele Mazzocchio hosted on kernelpanic.

Is setting up a mail server with mysql as simple as omitting the mysql steps?


TIA

nuffi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mail how-to sans mysql

Tomas Bodzar-4
Try
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=smtpd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpat
h=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html
and it will be one step simpler ;-)

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM, nuffnough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to set up a pretty basic mail server with postfix, B and
> figure that setting up a database backend is overkill.
>
> All the most excellent docs I've found on the internet incorporate
> mysql setup. B  Can someone link me to a guide that does this without
> Mysql?
>
> The most clear and comprehensive guide I've found is the one by
> Daniele Mazzocchio hosted on kernelpanic.
>
> Is setting up a mail server with mysql as simple as omitting the mysql
steps?
>
>
> TIA
>
> nuffi

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mail how-to sans mysql

Remco-2
In reply to this post by nuffnough
nuffnough wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to set up a pretty basic mail server with postfix,  and
> figure that setting up a database backend is overkill.
>
> All the most excellent docs I've found on the internet incorporate
> mysql setup.   Can someone link me to a guide that does this without
> Mysql?
>

Have you ever checked out the documentation on the Postfix website ?
It's quite comprehensive and I don't remember the documentation telling me
to set up a database backend.