MPD - Connection Refused After Playing

su-

MPD - Connection Refused After Playing

su-
Hi guys,

i am experiencing mpd force stopping when playing music. Ncmpcpp says connection is refused and I have to manually start mpd again in order to resume playback (the force stop happens at various lengths of time after resuming play).  These are following steps i took to setup mpd:

1) install mpd
2) doas groupadd mpd
3) doas usermod -G mpd $username
4) doas rcctl enable mpd
5) doas rcctl set mpd user $username

After reading man 2 sysctl I did the following:

1) doas mkdir /var/crash/mpd
2) doas sysctl kern.nosuidcoredump=2 (also did =3)

Unfortunately I am still unable to get any form of crash logs for mpd.

Thanks in advance for your patience and time.

 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com

Re: MPD - Connection Refused After Playing

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/09/05 14:48, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i am experiencing mpd force stopping when playing music. Ncmpcpp says connection is refused and I have to manually start mpd again in order to resume playback (the force stop happens at various lengths of time after resuming play).  These are following steps i took to setup mpd:
>
> 1) install mpd
> 2) doas groupadd mpd
> 3) doas usermod -G mpd $username
> 4) doas rcctl enable mpd
> 5) doas rcctl set mpd user $username
>
> After reading man 2 sysctl I did the following:
>
> 1) doas mkdir /var/crash/mpd
> 2) doas sysctl kern.nosuidcoredump=2 (also did =3)
>
> Unfortunately I am still unable to get any form of crash logs for mpd.
>
> Thanks in advance for your patience and time.
>

> --
>  Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
>  https://tutanota.com

I'm not an mpd user, but try running it in the foreground and see if
it gives any clue. Looks like "mpd --stderr --no-daemon --verbose" might
do this.

su-

Re: MPD - Connection Refused After Playing

su-
get the following :

assertion "nbytes > 0 || is.IsEOF()" failed: file "../mpd-0.21.11/src/decoder/Bridge.cxx", line 406, function "Read"

--
 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com

5 Sep 2019, 12:58 by [hidden email]:

su-

Re: MPD - Connection Refused After Playing

su-

After talking to the mpd irc guys the issue I am currently facing is apparently due to an out dated version of mpd.  Apologies for not being able to assist further.
--
 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com

5 Sep 2019, 13:52 by [hidden email]: