Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Jackwssp
Please, help!

with best re

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Tomas Bodzar-4
You must be joking. I buy it on Ebay from one shop for great price. Do it same.

http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Tomas Bodzar-4
If you think that someone from misc@ will offer you this book in PDF
then you are "far away" from understanding. If you really need it this
way then learn how to use search engines.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM, marellibsd marellibsd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am "far away" from ebay, I need book in PDF ...
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You must be joking. I buy it on Ebay from one shop for great price. Do it
>> same.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:31 PM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Please, help!
>> >
>> > --
>> > with best re

>> http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Tomas Bodzar-4
This book is not for free download.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds like piping.
>
> You should share it for us or shut the mouth.
>
> 2009/12/9 Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]>
>>
>> If you think that someone from misc@ will offer you this book in PDF
>> then you are "far away" from understanding. If you really need it this
>> way then learn how to use search engines.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM, marellibsd marellibsd <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I am "far away" from ebay, I need book in PDF ...

> with best re

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

SJP Lists
2009/12/10 Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]>:
> This book is not for free download.
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sounds like piping.
>>
>> You should share it for us or shut the mouth.

You can have this for free, along with the software!...

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pf.conf

What a bargain.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Tomas Bodzar-4
Yea I know, but that script kittie was looking for this one
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321193660 . Man pages
aren't on Rapidshare so he can't use them :-D

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:55 AM, SJP Lists <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/12/10 Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]>:
>> This book is not for free download.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Sounds like piping.
>>>
>>> You should share it for us or shut the mouth.
>
> You can have this for free, along with the software!...
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pf.conf
>

> What a bargain.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Peter Nicolai Mathias Hansteen
I'm almost certain this one turned up as a relevant title in one of my
safaribooks.com searches recently, so it's conceivable you could
download or piece together a PDF from there.

Other than that, well, even though the paper version has been out a
while I don't think any freely redistributable electronic version is
available.

- Peter

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Jackwssp
2 Tomas Bodzar:
Why you so ugly? I don't looking for pf manual. As you can see above, i'm
not alone. When i got it, will share it for all on misc@, and you may
furiously try to stop me.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Bret S. Lambert-2
Awesome; another aggravating, whiny, entitled jackass.

You'll fit right in on the internet; the kool-aid's to the left.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2 Tomas Bodzar:
> Why you so ugly? I don't looking for pf manual. As you can see above, i'm
> not alone. When i got it, will share it for all on misc@, and you may
> furiously try to stop me.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Nick Guenther

Truly we have the markings of a gentleman *and* a scholar here.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Tomas Bodzar-4
http://www.openbsd.org/books.html#book3
http://catalog.ebay.com/Secure-Architectures-OpenBSD-Brandon-Palmer-Jose-Nazario-2004-Paperback-/30245400?_fifpts=1&_pcatid=4&_refkw=Secure+Architectures+with+OpenBSD&_trksid=p3286.c0.m505

This is not Linux. If you want to steal something then do it by your
self. Don't ask others for help. If this book will not be really
available then maybe there will be chance to have it directly from
author for somewhat free. But as you can see from my links this book
is available and for good price on some servers so buy it. If you need
it in PDF then please write email to author of this book. And to get
more fun please post his answer here after that, ok? ;-)

http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Gilles Chehade-7
Nick Guenther a icrit :

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM, jackwssp q <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 2 Tomas Bodzar:
>> Why you so ugly? I don't looking for pf manual. As you can see above, i'm
>> not alone. When i got it, will share it for all on misc@, and you may
>> furiously try to stop me.
>>

> Truly we have the markings of a gentleman *and* a scholar here.

"Why you so ugly" actually was funny :-)

Gilles

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

FRLinux-2
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.openbsd.org/books.html#book3

Thanks for that, was unaware of that book. Just ordered my copy now :)

Steph

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Henry Sieff
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM, FRLinux <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://www.openbsd.org/books.html#book3
>
> Thanks for that, was unaware of that book. Just ordered my copy now :)

Not sure about the other authors, but I remember Nazario from the
FW-WIZ list and he knows his stuff very well. Its probably a pretty
good book, aside from being 5 years old and so not being as current as
the documentation and all that.

Re: Looking for "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" pdf.

Todd T. Fries-2
Penned by Henry Sieff on 20091210 12:24.37, we have:
| On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM, FRLinux <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Tomas Bodzar <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >> http://www.openbsd.org/books.html#book3
| >
| > Thanks for that, was unaware of that book. Just ordered my copy now :)
|
| Not sure about the other authors, but I remember Nazario from the
| FW-WIZ list and he knows his stuff very well. Its probably a pretty
| good book, aside from being 5 years old and so not being as current as
| the documentation and all that.

I wrote some of the backup and ipsec and v6 bits for that book, there is
nothing that won't work today.

There has definately been a few improvements, e.g. ipsecctl(8)
and ipsec.conf(5) since, but knowing how to beat isakmpd properly
never hurt anybody who uses ike on OpenBSD.

I'd say at least 90% of the book is still relevent, but thats an arguably
biased guess..

Todd Fries .. [hidden email]

|                                             \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                 \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com             \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| 2525 NW Expy #525, Oklahoma City, OK 73112  \  sip:[hidden email]
| "..in support of free software solutions."  \  sip:[hidden email]
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt

jackwssp q <[hidden email]> writes:

> As you can see above, i'm not alone. When i got it, will share it for all on misc@,
> and you may furiously try to stop me.

I take it your ccing me on that message means you think I was looking
for a copy too.  In fact I bought one when the book was relatively new
and enjoyed it, and I don't think that distributing people's work
without their permission is a good idea.

I *do* however recommend using online distribution such as safaribooks
(most of the interesting publishers put their stuff up there) - I
turned to that when I ran out of shelf space, and to my mind the
subscription is worth the price and more.

- Peter

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Todd T. Fries <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd say at least 90% of the book is still relevent, but thats an arguably
> biased guess..

Yes, did notice the book was a few years back but the content seems
unlikely to be deprecated that fast. I do own books about PF listed on
the same page and believe that one will be a welcome addition to my
collection.

Steph

2009/12/11 jackwssp q <[hidden email]>:
> 2 Tomas Bodzar:
> Why you so ugly? I don't looking for pf manual. As you can see above, i'm
> not alone. When i got it, will share it for all on misc@, and you may
> furiously try to stop me.

Funny.  When you need help beyond the books and come here for it, I
imagine few who remember you would *want* to help you with that
attitude.

You wanna talk about ugly?  You're crapping on the community and
asking them to help you do it, while trying to suggest they'll benefit
from it.

The book is good and cheap and the free docco is more up to date.