Limits on OBSD amd64

Friedrich Locke
Hi folks,

i wonder what is the maximum file system size OBSD supports using different
file systems like FFS, FFS2 and ZFS ?

May you clarify it to me ?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.

Best regards.

Re: Limits on OBSD amd64

Stuart Henderson
On 2017-05-26, Friedrich Locke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> i wonder what is the maximum file system size OBSD supports using different
> file systems like FFS

afaik, this is 1TB

> FFS2

"as much as you have RAM to fsck"...

> and ZFS ?

0 bytes.

Re: Limits on OBSD amd64

Kamil Cholewiński
On Fri, 26 May 2017, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> and ZFS ?
>
> 0 bytes.

-1 bytes and ENOENT? :)

Re: Limits on OBSD amd64

STeve Andre'

On 05/26/17 10:28, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2017-05-26, Friedrich Locke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> i wonder what is the maximum file system size OBSD supports using different
>> file systems like FFS
>
> afaik, this is 1TB
>
>> FFS2
>
> "as much as you have RAM to fsck"...
>
>> and ZFS ?
>
> 0 bytes.

On a 10T disk I created an 8T file with dd=/dev/zero of=bff.  I didn't
test it, but saw that I had the correct amount of space left.

--STeve Andre'